Chapter 70

"No! I don't wanna go!" Oliver screamed, digging his heels into the ground as you tried to pull him out of his room. His small hands gripped the door frame, the bag that held some of his clothes and toys being thrown onto the ground.

"Ollie, please. I just need you to stay with Peter for a bit," you said.

"No!" he screamed.

"Come on, bud. Your sibling isn't feeling well and they'd feel safer if you stayed with me and Katie," Peter said, trying to coax the (h/c)-haired boy into letting go of the doorframe.

After cracking and telling Peter some of what was going on, he agreed to take Oliver for a bit while you tried to fix whatever was happening with you. You were still up in the air about going to a psych ward, but Peter said that if you couldn't get this under control within the week then you'd need to check yourself in for everyone's sake.

"Oliver please-"

"No!"

"You need to-"

"I'm not going!"

"Oliver!"

"I won't go! You can't make me!"

"I am going to hurt you if you don't leave!" you yelled back, tears pricking the corners of your eyes.

Oliver stared up at you, tears falling down his cheeks. Slowly, he let go of the doorframe, reaching down and grabbing his bag. He slowly walked over to you, hugging your legs. You knelt down, hugging him back.

"I don't wanna go..." he whispered.

"I know. But I don't want to hurt you. Until I know for sure that I won't hurt you, I need you to go stay with Peter," you said.

"It'll be okay, bud. (y/n)'s just trying to protect you. They're trying to be a good older sibling," Peter said, kneeling down next to the two of you.

You could feel Oliver nod into your shoulder.

"Let's get going, okay? I can take you to Freddy's if you want. How does that sound? Maybe we can go to the mall or a candy store?" Peter suggested.

"Can we go to the really cool place?" he whispered.

"What's the really cool place?" Peter asked.

"Tina's. Small little diner. Been around longer than I've been alive," you said.

"Right. We can go there. Do you want Katie to come along as well?" Peter asked. Oliver nodded. Peter smiled and picked the little boy up. "Alright, let's go to the really cool place."

After packing up the last few things Oliver would be needing, you watched from the porch as Peter pulled out of your driveway, seeing Oliver pressing his hands against the window as the car drove away. Tears began pouring down your cheeks as the car drove down the street and eventually made a turn, disappearing behind a house. It took all your strength not to run after them. Your hands covered your mouth as you slowly sank to your knees. You weren't a horrible sibling, you were trying to protect your brother. This was the only option. You weren't a bad person... right?

Slowly pushing yourself up, you stumbled inside, your tears making it hard to see. You took a seat on the couch, leaning forward while placing your face in your hands. You'd lost everything now, hadn't you? Your parents, your job, your friends, your animatronic lover, your uncle, and now your brother. You were alone. And you couldn't do anything about it. It felt like everything was your fault, that none of this would've happened if you had just been a better person. You should've reached out to Bill instead of hiding from him, you should've tried to be more expressive around Amanda, you should've tried to control these nasty thoughts and impulses you'd been having instead of pushing Oliver away and making Peter take care of him.

You have nothing left to lose. Why hold back?

You didn't know how long you sat there crying. The sentence continued to repeat itself over and over in your head. That voice in your head was starting to make a point. You didn't have to keep up appearances for anyone anymore. You pushed everyone away. You could do whatever you wanted now and no one would care. They didn't have to care anymore. You didn't have to care anymore.

Standing up, you walked into the garage and went over to Eclipse, turning him on and watching him slowly look up at you. At first, he looked unfazed by your disheveled appearance, but then his face contorted into a smirk and he stood up.

"So, you're finally free?" he asked. It wasn't Eclipse. But what were you expecting? Something normal? After everything you've been through, there was no way you could expect something normal.

"What do you want with me? I know you have something to do with those voices in my head, so what the fuck do you want with me?" you asked.

"All you need to do is listen to them. Stop fighting against it. That's all I want," he said, hopping off the table and cupping your cheek.

You pushed his hand off of you. "And what if I say no?"

"You die."

You stared at the floor. You'd die. Was that so bad at this point? You wouldn't be able to hurt anyone if you're dead. But, if you died, there wouldn't be anyone to stop Eclipse from leaving the house and hurting someone. Either way, someone was getting hurt. At least you had a chance at stopping yourself.

"Don't be like that. It's fun! Vanessa has fun listening to the voices."

Your head snapped up at that, eyes going wide as you took a few steps back.

"The fuck are you talking about?" you asked.

"Vanessa is just like you. Well, almost. She has those same voices. But there are two differences between the two of you. She listens to the voices," he said.

"And what's the other difference?" All you got in response was a giggle. "What's the other difference?" you asked again, your voice growing more desperate.

Another giggle.

You frowned, crossing your arms.

"Aw, don't be like that, Sunshine," Eclipse cooed, walking closer and cupping your cheeks. He lightly squished them, pulling your face closer to where your nose was almost touching his faceplate.

"Don't call me that," you said, pushing him away from you. You noticed that he was actually letting you push him away, letting you talk back to a certain extent. You didn't want to push your limits, though. Not after what he did last time.