Chapter 30

Trying to talk to Vanessa was near impossible. She was extremely quiet, only giving one- or two-word answers. It took maybe a minute for you and Peter to realize that it was pointless trying to get her to talk. She either wasn't in the mood or just didn't want to talk. Dave and Vanessa left after a few minutes, leaving you and Peter alone.

"... was it just me or was that girl weird?" Peter asked.

"She was! She seemed more interested in the attendant than anything else!" you said.

"I know! The hell is her deal?" he asked.

"No clue. I mean, she could just be antisocial or something," you suggested.

"Yeah. She looks like she's around your age. Probably just overwhelmed or something," he said.

You nodded, going back to working on repairs. Your mind wandered back to Peter's story about Foxy, how he got decommissioned because of a programing glitch. Your mind started racing as you realized the same thing could happen to the attendant. Your body slowly tensed up as your hands started shaking.

"Hey, you okay?" Peter asked, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"What if they decommission the attendant?" you asked.

"No, they won't do that. I'm sure everything will be okay," he said.

"But they decommissioned Foxy!" you exclaimed.

"I know, but the glitch was only with the security protocol. As long as that chip is removed, the attendant will be fine," he explained.

"You sure?" you asked.

"Positive. If they decommission the attendant, then they'll have to figure out a replacement," he said.

You nodded, looking down at the attendant. He was almost fully put back together. All you actually needed was replacement clothing and to transfer his programming over to the new body.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find a replacement outfit. Do you think you can handle the data transfer?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard," you said.

"Perfect. Just transfer the Sun and Moon files to new chips. Make sure to each give them their own. Get rid of that protocol chip as well. I don't think management is going to wanna keep in in," he said.

You nodded, watching as Peter gave you a thumbs up before leaving. You walked over to the old attendant, popping the chips out from the back of his head. You were a little worried to see that the chip with Moon's name written on it looked a little damaged. You walked over to the computer, finding some blank chips already out. Peter must've gotten them out. You started the process of transferring all the files over to a new chip, starting with Sun. As you waited for the files to transfer, you picked up the chip for Eclipse. It was the reason all of this had happened. It was the reason the last few days of Halloween week had been ruined. It was the reason some poor person had been killed, maybe even the reason Bonnie was destroyed.

You should've hated the chip, you should've wanted to smash it into a million pieces, but you didn't. A little voice in the back of your head was telling you to keep it; telling you not to destroy it. As if you were in a trance, you put the chip in your pants pocket before going back to transferring the files. Once Sun was done, you moved on to transferring Moon's files. Luckily, they all transferred just fine. There didn't seem to be any sort of damage or corruption on them. You took the two chips, writing down the names on each right as Peter came back.

"How's it going?" he asked.

You wanted to say something about the chip you had pocketed, but something was forcing you to stay quiet about it. Instead, you just smiled and said, "Just finished up. Were you able to find spare clothes?"

"Yup. I think we're basically all set," he said.

Your smile grew. The attendant was going to be back. Sun and Moon would be okay. However, there was a small knot forming in your stomach. You weren't sure how to feel anymore after what had happened, after you had been attacked. You knew it was purely the fault of the security protocol, but you still felt off about the idea of the attendant coming back.

Once the new clothes had been put on and the chips had been inserted back in, you and Peter carried the attendant back to the daycare so you could reactivate him there. Upon arriving, you saw that all of the cops were gone and the floor had been cleaned. You were a little confused, wondering why the area had been cleaned up so fast. Then again, there wasn't much of a mystery to this situation other then who actually died. It was somewhat obvious what happened. Someone was either trespassing, attacked one of the animatronics, or both and the animatronics retaliated.

As soon as you were back in the daycare, you laid the attendant down on the ground. You stepped back as Peter did something to the back of his head. You watched as Sun's rays popped out of his head and his eyes slowly opened. He stared blankly at the ceiling before his expression changed to one of confusion and he sat up.

"You doing okay there, Sunny?" Peter asked.

"I'm... fine. What happened?" he asked.

"It's a long story. We'll tell you about it later," Peter said.

Sun nodded, looking around the daycare. "Where are the kids?"

"The Pizzaplex is gonna be closed for the next few days," you said.

"Management wants us to... run some tests on all the animatronics and their security systems," Peter explained.

A frown formed on Sun's face, causing your heart to ache. You walked over to him, taking a seat next to him and hugging him.

"It'll only be for a few days. After that, we're gonna have so much fun playing games and coloring," you soothed.

Sun hugged you back, resting his head on your shoulder. "Do you think you can come in while the Pizzaplex is closed?" he asked.

"Of course! I'll stop by every day," you said.

"We all will. We're not gonna leave our favorite animatronic all alone," Peter said.

Some time went by. You and Peter went through some basic tests to make sure the attendant was functioning properly. Once all of the tests were done, Peter got a text from his girlfriend asking him to come home as soon as possible. After making sure that you'd be okay explaining everything by yourself, he left you alone in the daycare with Sun.

"So, Sunshine, what happened?" Sun asked.

"Well... Amanda and I came in early and found Bonnie torn apart. We started looking for you and Monty and, well... I went to check the daycare and then found you in the alcove by the elevators. But..." you trailed off, trying to think of a way to word what happened. "Eclipse had come out and... killed someone."

You looked over at Sun, seeing him staring off into the distance. His eyes were dilated slightly.

"Why don't I remember?" he asked.

You frowned, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"The security form of Eclipse is its own separate AI. You probably wouldn't remember much, especially since it was glitched," you explained. You could see Sun's frown grow as he started curling into himself. "Hey, hey, it's okay! This wasn't your fault! You had no control over this."

"I... I'm not feeling too well," Sun whispered.