Chapter 44

Ms. Williams slowly walked over and pulled you into a hug. You rested your head on her shoulder, your arms hovering over her back in a weak attempt to hug back. You were surprised, but not at the same time. Bill had gone crazy, he doomed himself in a way. Yeah, you wish he could've gotten the help he needed, but at the same time you felt like this was some weird form of karma. He deserved this, right? He tried to kill one of his creations so... he deserved it... right?

He deserved it. He did something he wasn't supposed to. He deserved to die.

The sudden dark turn of your thoughts caused you to flinch, tears welling up in your eyes. Your body began to shake as you gripped the back of Ms. William's shirt.

"I'm so sorry... I know the two of you weren't actually related but... oh, I'm so sorry," she whispered, rubbing your back. You slowly nodded. "I'm going to send out a company-wide email. We'll hold a meeting tomorrow and try to discuss what's going to happen next."

Ms. Williams slowly let go of you, walking over to her computer and beginning to type something out on it. A minute later, she stood up and carefully led you out of the office.

"Let's... let's see if we can find out what's wrong with the attendant without that chip for now," she said.

The two of you slowly made your way back to the daycare. You were dead silent the entire time. Ms. Williams would talk about little things, stuff she wanted to teach you today and how she'd be happy to take you and Oliver out for lunch or dinner. All you could do was nod. Your mind continued to race with bad thoughts. How Bill deserved to die, how Bonnie was being disassembled as a punishment, that it was okay to hurt and kill people, that you should hurt Oliver, that you should kill him. The thoughts played on loop through your head like a broken record. It made you want to slam your head into a wall until they stopped.

Was this how Bill felt that one night? Was he having the same thoughts? Were they different?

"Open the door, (y/n)! Right now! Open the door! Where's Oliver? Open the door!"

That was all you remembered him yelling. As you thought back on his words, you realized just how desperate he sounded. He didn't sound crazy, he sounded scared. What did he think you had locked your door for? Did he think you had...

"Sunshine! I was so-... Sunshine?"

You snapped out of your thoughts, realizing you were at the daycare with the lights on. All of the animatronics and Oliver were awake, giving you and Ms. Williams concerned looks. You realized you were shaking like a leaf, your hands gripping your upper arms.

Oliver ran up to you and hugged you, causing you to flinch. Your shaking increased and you felt like you were going to cry. He shouldn't be close to you, not with all of the bad thoughts you were having. You were going to hurt him, you were going to kill him. You couldn't let him get hurt.

"Please don't cry. If you cry, I'm gonna cry," Oliver whispered.

Upon hearing his words, you collapsed, pulling him into a hug while silently sobbing. You felt like you were going crazy.

"Unfortunately, we have two bits of bad news for all of you today," Ms. Williams started. "All of you already know about the person who was killed at the Pizzaplex. The DNA results came back today and we found out that the person was Bill. From what we understand, he went crazy, got out of prison somehow, went to the Pizzaplex to destroy Bonnie, and then was killed when trying to fight back against the attendant's old security programming. Unfortunately, he also destroyed Bonnie's only programming chip we have on hand as well as the one that Bonnie was actively using. Because one of the managers from the main office thinks it would be a waste of time to try and make a whole new Bonnie program, it was decided that Bonnie would be permanently put out of order."

It was dead silent. The only sounds you could hear were the occasional whirs of machine parts slowly turning and moving. You slowly stood up, picking up Oliver and holding him close. Your life really was falling apart, wasn't it? You were getting a feeling in your gut that you'd lose your job next.

"I know this is hard for all of you, so we'll take at least two days to try and recover. Monty, Sun, I'm going to have the two of you come with me for checkups and upgrades. (y/n), I want you to come with me to help. The rest of you, take care of Oliver until we're done. If we aren't done by one PM, I need one of you to take this badge, go to the front doors, and let some police officers in and take them to wherever we are. They needed to talk to someone about what might need to happen," Ms. Williams explained.

You saw all of the animatronics nod as Chica walked over to you.

"I can take him. We'll go to the kitchen and make a pizza. Doesn't that sound nice?" she asked, holding out her hand for Oliver.

"Yeah, pizza is good," Oliver said, taking her hand.

You carefully handed him over to Chica, watching as her, Freddy, and Roxy left with Oliver. The (h/c) boy waved at you, a small smile on his face.

"So, what do you need me for?" Monty asked.

"Well, with Bonnie gone, we need someone to take over as bassist. The main office said I could do whatever I want for a new bassist, so I decided that you would be our best option," Ms. Williams explaplained.

"I don't know... I don't think the kids are gonna be too happy with me replacing Bonnie," he said.

"None of us are happy that he's gone, but we need someone to take over while I try to fight management to bring Bonnie back. I think that you can handle it," she said.

"Sunshine, are you okay?" Sun quietly asked, pulling you off to the side.

"I-... I'm fine. Shaken, but fine," you said.

"You were crying."

"I know..."

Sun pulled you into a hug and you could feel tears welling up in the corners of your eyes. You were so scared. Your world was crumbling around you and you couldn't trust your own thoughts. You lost most of your family, you lost your memories, you lost your caretaker, and now you were losing your mind. What were you going to lose next?