Chapter 47

"Alright, I'm gonna need to lock up the Pizzaplex for the day. Sadly, that means you and your brother are going to need to leave," Ms. Williams said, looking at you and Oliver.

You nodded, picking up Oliver and grabbing his drawing.

"But... can't they stay?" Sun asked.

"Unfortunately, no. With everything that's been happening, I think we're going to need to have the Pizzaplex free of people when it's closed for the next few days. We'll have a staff meeting tomorrow. You can see them then," she said.

Sun frowned and looked down at the floor.

"It'll be okay. I'll be here first thing in the morning," you said, patting his back.

Sun nodded, he gave you a small hug before you, Oliver, Ms. Williams, and the two cops left the building. Once outside, the cops bid the three of you a nice day and left. You were about to say goodbye to Ms. Williams when she spoke first.

"Why don't I take the two of you out to lunch? I'd really like to get to know you a little more," she suggested.

"Oh! Can we go to the really cool place?" Oliver asked.

"The really cool place?" Ms. Williams laughed.

"It's this old diner called Tina's that's been around longer than I've been alive. Oliver really likes the milkshakes from there," you explained.

"Ah, I think I've heard of that place. Pretty sure it was made when I was a kid," she said. She began walking over to her car. "Why don't we meet there? It'll be my treat!"

"That sounds wonderful!" you called, waving as you walked over to your car.

"We're gonna go to the cool place?" Oliver asked.

"Yup! I can get you a chocolate milkshake if you want," you said.

"Yeah! Yeah!" he exclaimed.

You laughed and nodded, buckling him into his car seat before getting into the front and driving to Tina's. As you walked, Oliver rambled about the different animatronics and how cool he thought they were. He liked how kindly Freddy treated him, how good a cook Chica was, how Roxy was extremely chill and fun to talk to, and how Monty would always encourage him. Of course, when he got to the attendant, it was complement after complement. Despite what happened, despite all of the dangerous glitches, Oliver thought of Sun and Moon as the best thing to ever exist. It made you so happy to see him this excited.

Upon arriving at the diner, you got out of the car and helped Oliver get out as well, seeing Ms. Williams waiting for the two of you at the door. She waved you over, causing you to pick up your pace somewhat as you walked over.

"I'm so glad you made it here safely. Let's go get ourselves a table," she said.

You nodded and followed her in. The three of you managed to find a table pretty fast and even got your drinks ordered.

"So, how are you liking working at the daycare?" Ms. Williams asked.

"It's been really fun. Everyone is so nice and all the kids have been little angels," you said.

"Even me?" Oliver asked.

"Even you," you said, smiling and ruffling his hair.

"That's wonderful. I'd want you to do a bit of work with the other animatronics just so you have experience, but I might be able to put you on daycare work full time," she said.

"Really?" you asked.

"Of course! I think Peter would be delighted to know that he'll get a permanent helper. Maybe you could help him deal with some of those rascal teens that the daycare tends to hire," she said, a hit of playfulness to her tone at the end.

"Yeah, I don't think I've met any of the high school workers," you said.

"They tend to work at the front desk and only really work on weekends. At least, the ones who work at the daycare tend to have that sort of schedule," she explained.

You nodded. The two of you continued to talk about Fazbear Entertainment and about you doing robotics in high school. You learned that Ms. Williams was extremely loyal to the company, having started out running her own little pizza place under the Fazbear brand before being promoted and moving up in the ranks. Apparently, she didn't even have a degree in engineering or programming. She had a bachelor's degree in fine arts, of all things. She had apparently even designed some of her own animatronics for the pizza place she used to own. The only reason she had the title she did now was because of her designs. She was taught by other Fazbear employees about how to make and program robots.

"No offense, ma'am, but it's a little strange how much of an interest you've taken in me and Oliver. May I ask why?" you asked.

"Well, it was a request from Bill. Not long after you started working with us, he asked that I keep an eye on you. He said he was worried that something might happen to you while you were working with us," she explained.

"He never sounded worried about me... was he just hiding it?" you mumbled.

"Bill's always been a bit of an oddball. He had been acting off before you were hired, but it definitely got more apparent after you started working at the daycare. I think he really cares a lot about the two of you," she said.

You nodded. You knew Ms. Williams wasn't lying when she said Bill cared about you and Oliver, but you wished he had actually proven that to you. You wished you weren't just hearing that he cared. You wished you knew what was really going through his head.