Chapter 78

You looked over, seeing Sun standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

"Are you... okay?" he slowly asked, stepping into the room.

"We need to find them," you whispered, letting out a small giggle.

"What do you mean? Are you feeling okay? I-I saw you hitting your head against the wall, are you hurt?" he asked, slowly reaching out a hand towards you.

The second his hand brushed against you, your head snapped over and you glared at him.

"I thought you hated me. I thought you never wanted to see me again," you hissed.

"I never said that-"

"Then why did you kick me out?"

Sun stayed quiet, retracting his hand from you. You smiled, letting out a small giggle and turning back to the mirror. Reaching behind your head, you began undoing the bandages over half of your face, letting them fall into the sink.

"Sunshine! What are you doing?!" Sun exclaimed, running over and grabbing the bandages from the sink.

"It's not like I can bleed to death," you said, shrugging.

Sun grabbed your arm, dragging you out of the bathroom and back to the daycare. He forced you to sit down on the floor, taking a seat in front of you and wrapping the badges back over the injured parts of your face.

"Please, Sunshine. I know this isn't you," Sun whispered.

"What are you going on about? How is this not me?" you asked, gesturing to your body.

"You said you had the same virus as Moon. Moon's virus made him act like someone else. That virus is making you act like someone else," he whispered.

He took your hand, gently rubbing it. He was lying. You knew it. He was just trying to manipulate you. He didn't love you.

He loves you.

You frowned at the voice in your head, pushing it down. It would go away soon. You just had to ignore it until it was dealt with. Suddenly, a sort of alarm went off in your head. You stood up, staring past the net walls in the daycare.

"They're on the second floor balcony," you said.

"Wh-what do you mean? Who's on the balcony?" Sun asked, a nervous tone to his voice.

"You know damn well who I'm talking about. You got the alert, too," you said.

You began walking out of the daycare and towards the elevators, hearing the sound of footsteps following behind you. You suppressed a groan, not even needing to look back to know who it was.

Don't leave him.

"Why are you following me?" you asked.

"Because... I want to make sure you're safe," Sun said.

"Go back to the daycare," you said.

"No."

"Go. Back. To. The. Daycare."

"I'm not leaving you, (y/n)."

You stopped walking. Your body was frozen. You could feel tears welling up in your eyes as a dull headache took over. The voice in your head was yelling... something. You couldn't quite hear it. But you knew it was important. At least, the voice did. You felt Sun hug you from behind, resting his head on your shoulder as he gave you a small squeeze.

"I know you're in there, (y/n). I'm not leaving your side until you come back," he murmured. You felt him grab your hands, gently rubbing them. "I'm gonna stay by you. You and Moon. The two of you have always been there for me, so now I'm gonna be there for the two of you. I'll wait for both of you to come back."

"Sun..." you whispered.

Another alarm went off in your head. They were in El Chips now.

"No... no, no, no, no. We need to go. We need to find them," you said, finally gaining the ability to move again. You ran for the elevators, Sun following close behind.

The second the doors closed, your foot immediately started to tap against the ground. The elevator was too slow for your liking. You were going to lose them. You couldn't let them get away. You let out a small giggle, hugging yourself.

"We need to find them," you said, continuing to let out small giggles.

Sun stared at you for a few seconds before turning away. A part of you was annoyed that he was following you, a little scared even, but you couldn't do anything about it. You knew you'd need Moon's help at some point. For now, you'd just have to put up with Sun.

You need both of them.

"Shut up," you hissed. "You're not the damn boss of me. Not anymore."

After what felt like an eternity, the elevator dinged and its doors opened onto the second story balcony. You darted out, scanning the area for El Chips. The second your eyes landed on the sign, you made a run for it. You could hear Sun following behind. You ran into El Chips, crawling under the gap beneath the metal door and looking around.

"Oliver! Gregory! Come out!" you called, walking around the El Chips area. You heard the sound of a metal door closing a few rooms over.

"Sunshine, please slow down. I'm sure the two are-"

Before Sun could finish, you ran off in the direction you heard the sound from. After running between a closed off hallway, you and Sun found yourselves in the Starcade. You looked around, not seeing the boys anywhere.

"Oliver! Gregory! Please come out! I didn't mean to scare you!"

"(y/n), I really think you need to slow down," Sun said.

"I... I can't lose them. I have to find them," you said.

"What if you go by too fast and miss them?"

"No... no I- I can't. I can't miss them. I'm finding Oliver. I always find him. I-if I don't, I'll cry."

You heard the sound of something being hit and knocked over and the distinct sound of someone shushing another person. A grin spread across your face as you skipped over to the sound of the noise.

"Ollie~ Gregory~ come out, come out wherever you are," you called.

It was silent, but you knew where they were. You walked over to one of the photo booths, standing outside of it for a minute. You were dead silent. Sun was watching you from a few meters away, silent as well. Then, you heard the whispering.

"Do you think they're gone...?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe we should go find them?"

"Are you crazy?! They're gonna kill us!"

"They won't kill me! They're my big sibling!"

"What about that whole 'come out, come out' thing? That sounded like they think this is a game!"

"Found you," you said, yanking open the curtains.