Chapter 11

As testing began, you noticed Sun was a lot bouncier and more excited. All his basic function tests went surprisingly well. His movement and flexibility were just perfect, his original security programming worked just fine, there were no bugs or glitches transforming. Everything was all going well.

"Alright, next up! Facial expressions!" Peter said. He tapped a few things on a tablet he had gotten from one of the managers. "I'm gonna list off emotions and I want you to do your best to try and emulate those emotions."

"Will do!" Sun said, practically beaming.

"I don't think we need to test any of the positive ones," Amanda whispered, nudging your arm.

You giggled and nodded, watching the two as Peter started naming emotions.

"Alright, I've got an easy one for you; happy," he said.

Sun gave him his biggest grin.

"Alright, sad."

Sun frowned, a set of lower eyelids you had never seen before raising slightly. The sadness in his eyes and just general expression was so realistic, it actually hurt you a little.

"Angry slash mad."

The sad expression contorted to a glare, the frown deepening as Sun crossed his arms.

This continued on for a bit, Peter calling out emotions and then typing down notes as Sun followed out those motions. Eventually, Peter finished up the list and started reading ahead, you and Amanda clapping as Sun bowed. You let out a small giggle, finding it cute that Sun was acting like this was some sort of dramatic play.

"Alright, next we have... Eclipse Protocol," Peter said.

"Oooh, I'm excited to see this," Amanda said.

"The feature has two uses; a midpoint for when the lights are dimmed but not completely shut off and a security feature that activates when children, staff, or animatronics are being threatened or assaulted by an adult or other staff member. The security mode will activate no matter the lighting," Peter read.

"So, are they both in control at the same time?" you asked.

"Um... the wording is a little weird but it says 'the light activated mode will allow both to be in control at once and the security mode is a fusion of both of their personalities'... good lord I hate how management words things," Peter grumbled.

"What do you expect? Management gets high on crack, writes down what they want, then send it off to whatever company makes the animatronics then they get high and make what management wrote them," Amanda said.

"Maybe that eclipse chip we had to install was like another personality? Like, it's still both of them, but it's a fusion? Does that even make sense?" you asked.

"No. This is Fazbear Entertainment we're talking about, though. Nothing makes sense with these guys," Amanda said.

"'A magical place where fantasy and fun come to life', but they took the fantasy part a bit too literally," Peter said.

You laughed and rolled your eyes.

"Well, let's first try the light activated mode," Peter said.

"I'll get the lights," Amanda said, going over to the switch.

You walked up to Sun, giving him a smile. "You excited for this?" you asked.

"Of course I am! It's gonna be so much fun sharing control with Moon. Oh! Oh! Do you think we can do those hand puppet things where I move one hand to talk and he moves another hand to talk?" Sun rambled, bouncing up and down.