Epilogue Pt. 1

"Hey! Hold up! You can't go in there!"

"Cassie got to go in! Why can't I?"

"Because that- that thing tricked her, and now she's dead!"

"I don't care. I'm finding (y/n)."

Oliver shot Gregory a dirty look before climbing up the scaffolding surrounding the old Pizzaplex. It had been a few months since the Pizzaplex had collapsed. Oliver had safely escaped with Gregory, and Freddy, but (y/n) never came back. Peter had contacted the police, but they couldn't find them. So, the now nine-year-old was going to take matters into his own hands. He was going to find (y/n).

Staring up at the crumbling building, Oliver adjusted his backpack straps and walked up to the scaffolding that blocked the entrance. He grabbed onto the metal bars and lifted himself up onto the first platform.

"Get back here!" Gregory yelled.

Oliver just turned and flipped up his middle finger. He'd see (y/n) gesturing to people like that when they were mad. It felt appropriate. Then again, they'd always apologize to him whenever he saw them do it, so maybe it wasn't. Climbing up to the next platform, he could hear Gregory trying to climb up behind him.

"That thing that lured Cassie here is on the loose! If it finds us, we're dead!"

Oliver turned and stared down at Gregory from the platform, feeling his eyes starting to sting and his vision starting to blur. He clenched his fists and took a deep breath.

"I don't care what's in the Pizzaplex. I want (y/n) back. I want them back. I'm scared, ok? And I want them back! I want Sun and Moon and Monty! I want my Uncle Bill back! I want my safe people back!"

Gregory had climbed up to Oliver, grabbing onto his shoulders as the younger boy began to sob.

"Getting yourself killed isn't going to help."

"I don't wanna be scared anymore! I don't care what's inside!"

"Alright, just-" Gregory took a deep breath, wiping off some of Oliver's tears with his shirt sleeve. "Quit crying and don't make a lot of noise. I'll go with you to make sure you don't get hurt."

"Do you think we should've taken Freddy?" Oliver asked.

"No. Peter just finished fixing him up. I think he'd be mad if Freddy got hurt again."

Oliver nodded. With that, the two boys climbed up to a platform that let them reach a hole in the window before crawling in. Oliver scanned the area. It was a mess. The building smelled musky, moldy almost. The covered up window was the only source of light, though it managed to show off the crumbling and damaged state of the interior.

Oliver slung one of his backpack straps off his shoulder, digging through it and pulling out a flashlight he brought. He followed Gregory down a ladder near the entrance. Once on the floor, he was able to get a closer look at the damage. Or, rather, lack of damage. For the most part, the main entrance was intact. The roof was intact, the building was just dusty. The damage only really started past the gates that would normally keep people from entering if they didn't have a pass.

"So, where do you think they are?" Gregory asked.

"The daycare. They have to be," Oliver said.

Gregory nodded, letting Oliver take the lead as the two started walking further into the building towards the gift shop. He started seeing more and more graffiti along the walls. Climbing the gift shop stairs and past a knocked over arcade cabinet that really had no right being there.

Someone must've been trying to move it. I guess it didn't like the stairs.

After making it upstairs and out of the gift shop, Oliver ran over to where the daycare entrance was supposed to be, only to skid to a stop.