Chapter 10

You spent the next few hours downloading software updates and adding new upgrades to the daycare attendant. The biggest upgrade was the new security features and protocols. Cosmetic wise, it was a new face that had a wider arrange of expressions. There were other small upgrades like a higher quality voice box, new sun rays, better light sensor. Then, there was one final upgrade that brought it all together; the eclipse upgrade. From what Amanda had been explaining, it was an upgrade that would allow both Sun and Moon to be in control at the same time. It would only activate when the light level was just right or when a certain security protocol is activated. Currently, that was the upgrade you were working on right now.

"Ok... what the hell..." Amanda mumbled.

"What is it?" you asked, glancing over at her.

"Eclipse mode has its own file and personality chip. It shouldn't. At least, I don't think it should," she said.

"Maybe it's like a connection thing? Like, we need it so both can be active at the same time?" you suggested.

"I don't know. Fazbear tech defies a lot of logic. It's no wonder this company is chill with hiring people who don't have any engineer or programing training. Even if you had training, this still wouldn't make sense," she grumbled.

"They're ahead of their time. I bet in the future, all the technology is gonna be like this and Fazbear Entertainment will be even farther ahead," you said, laughing slightly.

"Oh lord, they're gonna invent a way to make a perfect clone. I'm sorry, (y/n), I might have to kill you if I can't tell who your clone is," she said, laughing as well.

"Can you two hurry up? I want to get back to the daycare and take care of the children," Sun said.

"Sorry, bud. You gotta ask the computer that. It's being really slow," Amanda said, gesturing to the computer. "Besides, the daycare is closed to the public for today. We're going to be testing your new upgrades today."

You could see Sun frown, making you feel a little bad.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Once we know you're not buggy or anything, we can open up the daycare and you can play with all your friends," you said.

"Really?" he asked, looking hopeful.

"Yeah! You can read them stories and play games and do arts and crafts," you said.

"And we can have snack time, right?" he asked.

"Yup!" you said.

"Well, I think we got one test out of the way. The new face looks like it's doing way better than your old one," Amanda said.

"Oh yeah, speaking of faces, what did his old face look like?" you asked.

"Oh good lord, let me pull it up," she said. She turned to the PC, clicking on a few things before gesturing you over. "This was the original design for the daycare attendant. Originally, he had a molded-on smile and would regularly have issues with his eyes rolling back and getting stuck. We got a lot of complaints from parents that he was too creepy, so management was quick to change up his look. We still use the old face if he gets really broken and we need to wait for new parts to ship."

Looking at the images and blueprints on screen, you had to agree that it was really creepy. You had no problem understanding why parents didn't like this look.

A beeping sound emanated from the computer and Amanda pulled up another tab.

"Alright, update is done! Guess the computer wanted to be nice to you," she said, smiling at Sun.

You started unplugging the cables from him as he sat up and let out a small cheer. The second you removed the last cable, he grabbed you and pulled you into a hug. You laughed, tilting your head back to smile at him.

"You really like hugging them, huh?" Amanda said.

"Of course! They're so fun to hug!" Sun exclaimed, nuzzling the top of your head.

"Well, you're sadly going to need to let go of them so we can all walk back. I'm sure you can hug them more once we're back at the daycare," she said.

Sun nodded and let go of you, running out of the chamber and up the stairs while you and Amanda followed behind. He would run up ahead until he was just about out of sight, then stop and wait for the two of you to catch up before running ahead again.

"He's really friendly with you. What's up with that?" Amanda asked.

"What, jealous?" you asked in a slightly teasing tone.

"No, I'm serious. He only ever acts like that with kids. I mean, he's nice to all the staff but not like how he acts with you," she said.

"I really don't know why I'd be different. I don't think there's anything special about me," you said.

"Hm... maybe he's just excited for a new daycare attendant? I don't know, we hadn't gotten one for months before you came," she said.

"Hey! There you guys are!"

You and Amanda looked over to see Peter standing at the daycare entrance with Sun and Oliver. He waved the two of you over, a grin on his face.

"I was looking all over for you! Where have you been?" he asked.

"Maintenance. Management had some new upgrades for him," Amanda said, pointing at Sun.

"Ah, okay. I thought y'all just ditched me or something," he said.

"The idea is tempting," she joked.

Peter rolled his eyes and opened the daycare doors, walking inside with the rest of you following behind.

"So, are we gonna open the daycare late or something?" he asked.

"Nope. It's gonna be a testing day. We just gotta hope that nothing goes too poorly," Amanda said.

"Dang, I was hoping we could get a performance from our new music box," he said.

"Music box?" she asked.

Your cheeks heated up slightly and you averted your eyes to the floor.

"(y/n) can sing really well. They sang yesterday when one of the kids couldn't sleep," Peter explained.

"Oh... oh! That explains it!" she exclaimed.

"Huh?" You and Peter both gave her a confused look.

"That's why Sun's being so clingy with them! They're like a human daycare attendant!" Amanda exclaimed.

"What, and you two aren't?" you asked, chuckling slightly.

"You get what I mean," she grumbled.

"Well, let's get onto testing. I wanna get this over with as soon as possible," Peter said.