Chapter 75

It had been about thirty minutes since the nighttime protocol had been activated. You had gone down to the main floor to mess around, see if you could find some of your old stuff behind the security desk. Sun had stayed up in his room, which had turned into a complete mess while you were gone. He said he was going to try and clean stuff up so you'd have an easier time sleeping. You didn't think you'd sleep, though. You already spent most of the day passed out on the floor of your bathroom and had a pretty long nap after arriving.

As you dug around through the security desk, you thought back to how Sun looked and acted. He was really out of it. He was a lot more possessive than when you first met him, talking almost nonstop. He looked extremely dirty, his eyes having been stuck in a rolled back position, only allowing the whites of his eyes to show. His prototype face barely moved, a permanent smile etched into his features. You were lucky you were good at picking up on his tone or you probably never would've known how he was feeling.

The sound of two people going down the slide and into the ballpit snapped you out of your thoughts. You looked up, seeing Sun bouncing out of his room and over to the balcony edge.

"Oh ho ho!" you heard him exclaim before taking a swan dive into the pit.

You saw a boy start to walk over to a part of the ballpit you could actually see only for Sun to pop up from the depths and pick the boy up.

"Hello! New friend! You sure are up late! Are we having a slumber party? Where are all your friends?" Sun asked, spinning the boy around.

"H-hey! Put me down!" the boy exclaimed, kicking his feet and trying to push Sun away from him. "Hey! Help me!"

You heard Sun gasp before dropping the boy and darting over to another person you couldn't see. The boy had short, brown hair and a blue shirt.

"Little friend! There you are! It's so good to see you! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home?"

You walked out from behind the desk, seeing the boy climbing out of the ball pit. Upon seeing you, he let out a small scream and stumbled back, falling back into the ball pit.

"Please don't hurt me! I didn't mean to get trapped in here! Honest!" the boy exclaimed.

"Woah! Hey, hey, it's okay! I'm not a security guard, I won't hurt you," you said. You crouched down, holding out a hand to the boy. "I'm one of the daycare workers. My name's-"

"(y/n)!"

You looked over to see Oliver pushing himself out of Sun's arms, charging through the ball pit and running over to you.

"Ollie!" you exclaimed, running over and picking him up.

You felt the eight-year-old latch onto you, violently shaking as he started sobbing.

"I-I was so scared! Mr. Peter said you weren't a-answering your phone and- and he went to our house and said h-he couldn't find you and that there was b-blood everywhere and M-Mr. Eclipse was in the living room and so I-I thought you d-died and I came here to see Mr. Sun and then it got late and I met Gregory and the animatronics started trying to attack us and I was so scared!" he wailed, burying his face into your shoulder.

"Oh, it's okay, sweetie, it's okay. I'm right here," you said, holding him tight and rocking him back and forth. You turned to the kid who you assumed was named Gregory. "Is this true? I mean, the animatronics attacking you?"

"Yeah! They started chasing us and this security guard lady is after us as well!" he exclaimed.

"Vanessa," you mumbled. After hearing everything about her from that voice in your head, you knew she was bad news for these two. "You were right to stay away from her. She isn't a good person."

"Well, we don't have to worry about any scary security guards here! Why don't we all stay in the daycare until your parents can come pick you up?" Sun suggested.

"She's gonna find us! And I promised Freddy I'd meet up with him!" Gregory said.

"I thought you said the animatronics were attacking you," you said.

"Not Freddy! He's been helping us!" Gregory said.

"(y/n)? Why do you have so many bandages?" Oliver asked, placing a hand over the bandages on your face.

"It's... a very long story. Let's just sum it up as I was attacked and learned something new about myself, okay?" you said.

"Were you attacked by the animatronics as well?" Gregory asked.

"Well, technically speaking, yes. But probably not the animatronics you were attacked by," you said.

"Well, before we go any further with this wonderful discussion, let me make one thing very, very, very clear. There is only one rule in the daycare," Sun said, clapping his hands together. "Keep the lights on."

"Is Mr. Moon still feeling bad?" Oliver asked.

"Yes. And I am also still not completely in my right mind," you said, placing Oliver on the floor. "I'm not sure if you two should be around me. I've been doing a lot better ever since I came back, but I don't know if that's going to change."

"What do you mean?" Gregory asked.

"I've been... hearing voices in my head. They've been telling me to do things I don't want to do and sometimes I can't control my actions. I think I might be experiencing something similar to what the other animatronics are going through, the only difference being I still have some level of control and restraint," you explained.

"But... you're human... right?" he asked, taking a few steps back. You stayed silent. "Uh... Mx?"

"Are you... a robot?" Oliver asked.

"I believe I am."

"That's... amazing! You look exactly like a human, though!" Gregory exclaimed, running up to you and grabbing your arm. "Are your robot parts under those bandages? Can I see what you look like?"

You watched as Sun picked Gregory up, the brown-haired boy complaining and kicking his legs as the attendant moved him away from you. Oliver let out a small giggle, moving over to hug you.

"Well, we need to go. At least, I need to go. I promised Freddy I'd meet him here and he said he was gonna help us get out," Gregory said, beginning to walk over to the security desk.

"No! You aren't allowed over there. That place is for staff only!" Sun exclaimed, grabbing Gregory and moving him back to where he last set him down.

"But I need to get out of here!" Gregory said, stomping his foot.

"(y/n), can you help us? You have a security pass, right?" Oliver asked.

"Yes, but it's somewhat limited. I think mine is maybe... level four?" you said.

"Well, we need the highest level we can get or we can't get out of here," Gregory said, making another move towards the security desk.

"Oh no you don't!" Sun said, grabbing him again and moving him back.

"Sun, just let him go. I can take these two and help them find a way out. They'll be safe with me," you said.

"N-no! You can't leave! We- we barely spent any time together! Please don't go!" Sun said, grabbing onto your arm.

"Sun! Let go! I need to get these two out of here before they get hurt!" you said.

"No! You can't leave me! You can't! I don't want to be alone again!" He cried.

Suddenly, the lights went out.