Disassemble Vanny (2/2) ☆ ☆

You felt yourself slowly beginning to wake up. Your eyes opened to see a dimly lit room. You could hear the sound of someone typing away and your head rolled over, seeing an unfamiliar woman sitting at a computer desk. All around her were robotic parts, things like endoskeletons, casing, wires, circuit boards, anything one would need to create a robot or animatronic. You sat up, catching the woman's attention. She turned to you, a soft smile on her face.

"You're finally up. I was worried you wouldn't start up at all," she said, standing up from her computer and walking over.

"Who.. are you?" you slowly asked.

The woman paused for a moment, looking a little startled before a bittersweet smile formed on her face.

"I shouldn't have expected anything less. Your memory chip was horribly damaged," she said, though it sounded more like she was speaking to herself. Shaking her head, she offered you her hand. "My name is Veronica Williams. I'm head of maintenance at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. Do you remember who you are?"

You shook your head. You couldn't remember, well, anything. Were you supposed to? You took the woman's hand and she helped you up from off of the table you had been laying on.

"You are a robot who holds the spirit of someone named (y/n) (l/n). When you were still alive, you had terminal brain cancer. You were killed and your spirit was relocated into a robotic body so you could still be with your family. Unfortunately, the only family you have left is your little brother," Veronica explained.

"I have a brother?" you asked.

"Yes, and he's been worried sick about you," she said.

"Why don't I remember him?"

"You got into a very nasty accident a few weeks ago. The chip that seemed to be holding all of your previous memories was damaged beyond saving. I'm not entirely sure why your memories weren't being saved directly to your spirit, but I'm just happy you're still alive, and I'm sure everyone else will be as well."

"Everyone else?"

"Let me show you."

Veronica led you out of the room you were in and into a more well lit room. Sitting in the room were seven people and three animatronics. Two of the people were little boys, one of them most likely being your brother. However, you still didn't know who he was, or who any of these people were. Most of the people and animatronics were sitting down, the only two standing up were a white and pink chicken animatronic and a man who looked to be a little older than you. One of the little boys took immediate notice of you, shooting up from his seat and running over to you. He hugged your legs, immediately starting to sob.

"Oh my lord! (y/n)! You're okay!" one of the girls exclaimed, running over to you.

Before you knew it, everyone was crowding around you except for an animatronic bear who remained sitting on the couch. You were a little stunned, not knowing what you should be doing in this situation. The little boy continued to sob into your legs, his grip on you tightening as everyone got closer.

"Alright! Alright! Give them some space," Veronica said, stepping between you and the group. "Unfortunately, (y/n)'s memory has also been corrupted and destroyed. Let's try not to overwhelm them."

"No..." one of the guys breathed.

"You're- you're kidding," a different girl said.

"I'm sorry. I know all of this has been a lot and this was the last thing you wanted to hear, but for now we need to just accept that this is what's happened and try to move forward."

You knelt down and picked up the boy, his grip immediately shifting over to your shirt. He must've been your brother.

"There, there, little one," you murmured, gently petting the top of his head.