Chapter 40

Oliver was already sitting on the couch in the room, his eyes darting around the room. The Christmas lights were unfortunately off due to the power outage, making the room darker than you would've liked. You took a seat on the couch next to him, pulling him onto your lap and hugging him. You could see Moon digging around in the pile of blankets and pillows. He began pulling a bunch out laying them all around the room.

"Do you mind moving, Starlight?" he asked, holding a blanket.

You nodded, standing up and moving to stand by the door. You watched as Moon propped up the blanket on the couch and moved some boxes around. You realized he was trying to make some sort of blanket fort. Oliver let out a small yawn in your arms, nestling closer to you.

"You tired?" you whispered.

"Yeah... I wanna sleep," he mumbled.

"We'll go to sleep soon. Mr. Moon is just setting up a place for us," you said.

Oliver hummed, resting his head on your shoulder.

"Alright, it's done," Mon said, catching your attention.

You looked at the fort he made, a small smile forming on your face. It looked absolutely amazing, better than what you probably could've done. You carefully crawled inside with Oliver, looking around. The floor was covered in pillows and blankets. You sat down, pulling one of the blankets around you. Moon crawled in after you, a small smile on his face.

"So, what now?" he asked.

"Well, Ollie is gonna go to sleep, aren't you?" you asked.

No response.

"Heh, looks like he already passed out," Moon said.

"Yeah, poor kid had a pretty eventful day," you said, gently brushing away some stray hairs from Oliver's face.

Moon nodded, wrapping an arm around you and pulling you into his side. You nestled closer to him, your body slowly starting to relax.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" you asked.

"You just did," he said.

"You know what I mean," you laughed, lightly pushing his side.

"I know. You can ask me whatever, Starlight," he said.

"Do you know why Sun started kissing my cheek?" you asked.

It was quiet for a minute, before Moon let out a small sigh.

"He really likes you, the both of us do. You're always so nice to us and you're amazing with the kids. You're one of the best daycare workers we've met," he said.

"Thank you," you whispered, a small blush making its way to your cheeks.

"So, why do you give them back?" Moon asked.

"I guess it's because I also really like being around you guys. You're so nice to me and Oliver and the other workers and I just feel safe being around you guys. I mean, your whole point is to make the kids feel safe but this just feels... different. I don't know... I just like you guys," you said.

"You like us~?" he asked in a teasing voice.

"Hey, you said you liked me as well so don't you dare go there," you said, poking his chest.

Moon laughed, grabbing your hand and leaning down to where his face was level with yours.

"Like can have two definitions, Starlight," he whispered.

"What definition are you using?" you asked.

"Why don't you find out?"

It was quiet as the two of you stared at each other. Very slowly, you began leaning forward, keeping a close eye on Moon's movements and reactions. You pressed a small kiss to the corner of his mouth, earning a chuckle from the attendant.

"Is that all?" he asked.

"Why don't you find out?" you mimicked.

Moon's movements were slow as well. He leaned forward and gently cupped your cheek, pressing a small kiss to your lips. You felt your chest explode with warmth as your lips tingled. Your cheeks felt like they were on fire. As Moon pulled away, you leaned forward and gave him a quick peck in return, causing a smile to spread across his face.

It was quiet as you nestled up to the attendant. Your cheeks were burning and it felt like electricity was flowing through your body. All your brain could process was just how happy you felt in that moment.

"Heh, Sun is very jealous right now," Moon murmured.

"I'll give him one when the lights are back on," you said.

"If you can remember how many."

Before you could even question what Moon meant by that, he pulled you in for another kiss. Then another, and another. Before long, Oliver had been moved out of your lap and into a little nest of blankets and pillows while Moon had pulled you into his own lap while kissing you over and over. The kisses were small, never really escalating into anything lustful, but they still made your body feel like it was on fire. Eventually, he stopped, tilting your chin up with a proud smirk.

"How many is that now, Starlight?" he asked.

"T-... to many," you whispered.

Moon chuckled, gently rubbing your cheek.

"Shit..."

"Language."

"What does all of this mean? Like, for us?" you asked.

"Well... do you want to try and date an animatronic?" Moon asked back.

You thought about if for a minute. A human and an animatronic? That sounded like some sort of forbidden romance from one of those cheesy teen romance novels. But... maybe it wouldn't be so bad? After all, you did really like the Attendant and you were one of the maintenance workers. Maybe you could find a way to make it work?

"I think I'd like to give it a shot," you said, smiling.

Moon smiled as well and nodded, resting his head on top of your own. Then, there was a beeping sound followed by the sound of the overhead lights turning back on. The power must've gotten restored. The room was still dark, though. At least, dark enough for Moon not to transform.

"I should probably give Sun the chance to talk, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, don't want to poor guy to feel left out," you said, laughing slightly.

"Let's go out onto the balcony, then," he said.

Moon crawled out of blanket fort and stood up, holding his hand out for you to take.