Chapter 33

Once home, you put on the TV for Oliver while you cleaned up the place. It was still a mess from when Bill had his freak out. A few hours into cleaning, there was a knock at the door. When you went to answer the door, you saw your bags sitting on the porch and Amanda's car speeding off. It hurt to know that whatever you or this day did to her, it hurt her enough to make her uncomfortable being around you. But you didn't tell Oliver. You didn't want him to be upset. He had been through enough today.

Once you were finally done with cleaning, you ordered delivery for dinner and sat down in the living room with Oliver. He was bouncing up and down on the couch, his eyes glued to the TV screen. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket and you pulled it out, checking the notifications. You had a text from Peter.

"Hey, did Amanda already tell you?"

You got a sinking feeling upon seeing the text.

"Tell me what?"

"She said she's going to quit. Said it was too hard on her."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I'm sad about it as well. She's been so fun to work with. But, I'm not gonna be mad if she's trying to take care of herself mentally."

You read the line a few times, understanding what he was talking about. You shouldn't be too upset. She was just trying to take care of herself. You weren't going to fault someone for doing that. But, it did raise a question in your mind.

"Are you going to quit?"

"I don't know. I really like working with the company, but today really has me thinking. I'll stick with it, but management better up security or something. I don't wanna see some poor kid get hurt."

"Alright. Are we still going in tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah! I mean, management wants me in anyways. They said they wanted me to help out with some checkups on some of the other animatronics."

"Alright. I'll see you then."

"Yup! And don't forget to take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will, I promise."

"Good. See you tomorrow."

"See ya."

You put your phone down on the coffee table, putting your face into your hands. Were you the reason she quit? Was your odd reaction to this the thing that made her snap? Why couldn't you just be normal? Why couldn't your emotions work like everyone else's?

"(y/n)?" Oliver said, crawling over to you and putting a hand on your arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Today just has me pretty stressed," you said, giving him a small, slightly forced smile.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Someone just got a little hurt and the Pizzaplex is gonna be closed for a little," you lied.

"Are they gonna be okay?" he asked.

"I'm sure they'll be fine," you said.

The doorbell rang and you stood up, walking over and opening the door to see a pizza delivery person. You quickly paid for the pizza and took it from them, closing and locking the door before bringing the food over to the couch. While Oliver started eating, you grabbed your laptop and took out the security protocol chip you snagged. You inserted it into your computer, going into the folder and beginning the process of checking the files.

"What are you doing?" Oliver asked.

"Just... checking out some stuff. Management wanted me to look at some files," you lied.

"What kind of files?" he asked.

"Some files for Sun and Moon. Just uh... don't tell anyone, okay? Management said this is a super-secret special project," you said.

Oliver smiled and nodded, going back to watching TV. You let out a sigh of relief and went back to sifting through the files. At a passing glance, nothing looked wrong. They just looked like normal programming files. You continued to dig through them, taking closer looks at different codes and running scans on everything.

You stayed up for hours, spending multiple minutes on just one line of code and looking up anything you didn't recognize. Oliver had crashed next to you and the TV was playing cartoons that no one would ever consider watching. Line after line, scan after scan. Nothing. It was both frustrating and scary that all programs seemed to be working as intended. Everything was doing its job. It left one question racing through your mind; was this security program meant to kill?

You didn't want to think about the idea that someone intended for this program to kill. It was meant to protect kids. Eclipse had to protect kids, right? Then, you got an idea in your head. A crazy, dumb, beyond stupid idea. What if you made your own Eclipse bot? You could take the chip and plug it into an endo skeleton and test it on its own. The only problem was, you didn't have any endo skeletons. They were all probably in storage at the different Fazbear locations.

You sat on the couch for a minute, just staring at the wall while trying to think of something. Maybe you could call up Bill? He was still in jail, at least to your knowledge he was, and he said he worked with the animatronics in the past. Maybe it would be worth trying to contact him.

You got up and walked over to the landline, dialing the local police department.

"(t/n) Police Department, how may I help you," a voice on the other end of the line asked.

"Hi, my name is (y/n) (l/n). I'm calling to ask if I'd be able to talk to Bill May," you said.

"Alright, give me one second," the voice said, followed by some shuffling. "Sorry, Bill has been released already. I'd suggest calling his phone."

"O-oh. Okay. Thank you," you quietly said, hanging up.

You stood at the landline for a minute, still as a statue. With shaky hands, you picked it up again and dialed Bill's number. One ring, two rings, three rings, voice mail. You sighed, hanging up the phone again. Walking into the kitchen, you pulled out Bill's on phone book from the cabinet he always kept it in and started going through all the numbers. Maybe you could find a Fazbear employee who could help you? If he was friends with the original owner, maybe they'd be willing to help you.

The first number you came across was of one William Afton, labeled as the owner of a Freddy Fazbear Pizzaria. Dialing up the number, you waited for someone to pick up the phone. After two rings, someone picked up the phone. Before you could even speak, however, they immediately started talking.

"Who the hell are you and why are you calling?"

"I-I'm (y/n), adoptive child of Bill May? This is William Afton, right?" you asked.

"No. Fuck off."

Before you even had the chance to say anything else, the person on the other end hug up. You stared at the phone for a minute before finally setting it down.

"Rude," you grumbled.

You went through the rest of the book, finding one more number from a man named Henry who also worked with the Fazbear company. You called the number, but got sent straight to voice mail. Every other number didn't have any other mentions of Fazbear Entertainment. So, the two people who could've helped you weren't available. Then, one name sprung into your mind. You walked back over to the couch, grabbing your phone off the coffee table and taking a seat. You pulled up your contacts and scrolled through them, finding the number you were looking for. Dialing it, you waited. One ring, two rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Vanessa? I need a favor."