Chapter 76

You spun around, seeing Gregory behind the security desk holding one of the spare security badges.

"I-I swear I didn't mean for the lights to go out! Honest!" He exclaimed, taking a few steps back.

"No.. no, no, no, no, no! Where are the lights? Where did they go? Lights on! Lights on! Please lights on! No! No! No!" Sun screamed, gripping the edges of his face and throwing his head back. He let out a blood curdling shriek, falling to the ground and writhing around.

"Oliver, behind the desk now," you said.

You pushed your little brother behind the desk, grabbing a hold of both him and Gregory and hugging them close. It was quiet in the daycare for a few seconds. The music was gone and the only sounds you could hear were the three of you trying to keep your breathing steady. The music had completely stopped, allowing you to hear every tiny sound that could possibly be made. That's when you heard it, the sound of ticking followed by a familiar giggle.

"Tsk... tsk... tsk... such naughty children, staying up past your bedtime. Naughty children must be punished."

You saw Moon peeking over the edge of the security desk. His eyes were glowing red and his head was tilted to the side. Then he jumped up onto the counter, though he didn't make any move towards you.

"Moon, please. I know this isn't you. I know you're in there and I know you can fight back. Please, you have to regain control. You have to stop listening to whatever voices are in your head," you pleaded.

"And you, Starlight. You're being very naughty, ignoring orders like you did earlier," Moon said. You saw what you could only assume was the cable descend from the ceiling and hook itself to his back. "Nighty night~."

With that, Moon disappeared into the darkness.

"Gregory."

You jumped at the sound of Freddy's voice, glancing down to see a Freddy-shaped watch on Gregory's arm light up and a voice speak through it.

"I don't know what you did, but the lights in the daycare are out. You need to find the emergency backup generators in the play structures and turn them on," Freddy's voice instructed.

"Oh no. Oh no, no, no. You two are not going out there," you said.

"What?! But we need to get the lights back on and get out of here!" Gregory said.

"I need to get the lights on. You two are staying back here where it's safe," you said.

"How is this place safe?!" he asked.

"The animatronics are, usually, programmed not to go back behind the security desks," you said.

"Usually?" he hissed.

"Look, Moon didn't lunge at us when he had the chance, so obviously he still can't go back here," you said.

"And what if he can? What if he's just messing with you so he can get to us?"

"What if we all go?" Oliver suggested.

"Absolutely not. I am not going to risk you going out and getting hurt," you said.

"I say, we do what Oliver says and all go look for the backup generators. We'll get it done faster," Gregory said.

"But you two are going to get yourselves hurt! I can't let that happen!"

"Maybe you can distract Mr. Moon? He only wants us, right?"

"I mean, he did say they were also being bad earlier, so maybe your sibling's a target no matter what."

You sighed, shaking your head.

"Ok, I have an idea. You two go into the play structures and get those generators turned on. I'll distract Moon," you said.

"And what if he tries to hurt you?" Gregory asked.

"Kid, I beat the living shit out of a robot this morning. I think I can take him," you said. Gregory looked a little hesitant for a second before nodding. "I'm gonna go out and see if I can get Moon's attention. As soon as I have him, you two run to the nearest play structure and start turning on those generators, okay?

"And what happens if you start acting like Mr. Moon?" Oliver asked.

"Then you do whatever it takes to stop me. I don't care if that means you have to destroy me. If I start going crazy, I want you two to fight for your damn lives. Punch me, kick me, disassemble me if you have to. As long as you two are safe, I'll be fine," you said.

You felt Oliver hug you, giving you a tight squeeze.

"You won't go crazy on us, right?" he asked.

"I'll try my damndest," you said, hugging him back.

With that, you stood up and walked out onto the main floor.

"Get out here Moon or I'm turning the lights back on!" you yelled.

"Aw, but I thought you missed me, Starlight," Moon said, dropping down from the ceiling and hovering just in front of you.

"I miss my Moon, not you," you said.

"Your Moon is dead," he hissed.

"Oh yeah, then I'm gonna find the fucker who killed him and I'm gonna make them wish they never even heard of Freddy's," you said.

You noticed that Moon's eyes suddenly weren't focused on you any more. They were focused on something behind you.

"Don't," you whispered.

"Think of this as your punishment, Starlight," Moon whispered back.

Before you had time to react, Moon had shot back up into the air followed by a scream behind you a second later. You spun around, seeing Moon had put himself between Oliver and Gregory. The two boys had frozen in slight fear, Oliver shaking so violently you could see it from where you were and Gregory looking conflicted as to what he should do.

"Run!" you screamed.

Jolting at your words, the two boys both ran in opposite directions, each running towards a different play structure. Moon made a dash for Oliver, but you charged at him, grabbing the nearest toy on the ground and throwing it as hard as you could. It slammed into Moon and caused him to stumble to the side, allowing you to catch up to Oliver and usher him inside the play structure.