Epilogue Pt. 7

Oliver felt his head jolt up at the sudden feeling of falling, looking around him. He was still sitting in Sun's lap, the attendant still working on fixing up (y/n). He glanced around, seeing most of the others still talking. He watched Gregory take notice of him, waving the younger boy over. Oliver climbed out of Sun’s lap, walking over to Gregory and tilting his head.

“Hey, Cassie and I are gonna go call Peter and Vanessa. Wanna come with?” he asked.

“Y-yeah! That’s a really good idea!” Oliver exclaimed, a smile forming on his face. “They can help fix everyone up and we can all find Monty again and-”

“Oliver, Monty is… gone,” Gregory said.

“Yeah, I saw it with my own eyes. He chased me into Foxy's Log Float and got electrocuted and just disappeared into the sewer water,” Cassie added.

“But… he’s… he’s still in the building, right? W-we can still find him,” Oliver whispered.

“I’m really sorry. Maybe we can go find a copy of his AI, though! Maybe there’s-”

“No! You’re- you’re not gonna replace him! I won’t let you!” Oliver screamed.

“Sunbeam?”

“Hey, kid, calm down.”

“No! Monty is my friend! He’s- he’s your friend, too!” he yelled, pointing at Chica and Roxy. “I’m not gonna leave him! He doesn't deserve to be left behind!”

Before anyone could say otherwise, Oliver turned and ran off. He was going to find Monty all by himself. He wasn’t going to leave his friend to rot with the rest of the building. He tried to clear his mind for just a moment, thinking back to where Cassie said she last saw him. Foxy's Log Float, that was in Roxy's Raceway if he was remembering it right. So, retracing his steps, Oliver made his way back to the raceway. He had some vague memories of Foxy’s Log Float. It was a ride that was talked about a lot, usually by the other kids at the daycare. It was always under construction and (y/n) was never allowed to take him there. It was “too dangerous”. He was gonna prove otherwise.

Slipping through the salon and into another closed off area, Oliver was greeted with the sight of some log floats and a bunch of Foxy themed props. He wandered around the area, shining his flashlight about and keeping an eye out for his gator friend. He was really hoping Monty wouldn’t hurt him. The virus seemed to be gone from the others, so why not him? Following the only real path that wasn’t completely blocked off, he eventually came to a slightly flooded hallway. He shuffled about the water, bumping into small floating objects and trying to keep an eye out for Monty. He was supposed to be here somewhere, Cassie said so herself.

“Monty! Where are you?” Oliver called.

He came to the end of the hall, a metal door that was shut tight with no way of him opening it and no sign of the gator. He bit the inside of his cheek. Monty was here… right?

Suddenly, his foot made contact with something hard and heavy beneath the water, causing him to jump slightly. Tucking his flashlight into his coat pocket, he reached into the water and tried to pull up whatever was hiding beneath it. He could feel rusty metal beneath his fingers. Heaving with all his might, he lifted a rather familiar arm out from the water. With a gasp, the (h/c)-haired boy started pulling the animatronic up to a nearby concrete step that was above the water. It took longer than he would’ve liked, but soon his nearly unrecognizable gator friend was safely on dry land.

“Monty! Monty, are you ok?” Oliver asked, shaking the animatronic.

Nothing.

With a frown, Oliver looked closer at the animatronic. He wasn’t rusty, but he definitely wasn’t in good shape, either. All of his plastic casing was gone, same for most of his mohawk. The only recognizable part of him was his one working red eye. Oliver heaved the animatronic onto his shoulders, nearly falling into the water. He was lighter than he expected, but not light enough to carry easily.

“Let’s go. I wanna prove a point to everyone else.”

Splash!

Oliver stopped, staring down the hall. He didn’t move. Not enough to make a splash like that. Looking behind him, Monty hadn’t slipped into the water. He couldn’t have made that noise.

Splash, stomp! Splash, stomp!

Taking a shaky breath, Oliver looked over at the door behind him. There were no buttons or levers to open it, just a busted up looking panel.

Splash, stomp! Splash, stomp! Splash, stomp!

“... Ollie? Where are you?

Oliver froze. That was… (y/n)’s voice. His eyes lit up and he could feel a massive weight just lift from his body. His vision slowly blurred as he stumbled through the water.

“(y/n)! (y/n)!” he screamed, trying to run through the water with Monty still on his shoulders.

He could hear more splashing and stomping from just around the corner. As he neared the turn, a clawed metal hand gripped onto the concrete wall. The head of the creature from before rounded the corner, its eyes immediately fixing on him. Oliver screamed, scrambling back and falling into the water. He let go of Monty, pushing himself up and backing up.

“It’s ok, Oliver. I’m right here,” the creature said, mimicking his sibling’s voice.

“N-no… no-! S-stay away from me!” Oliver screamed, his back hitting the end of the hall.

The creature lumbered forward, reaching its good hand towards him. Oliver raised his arms covering his head as his body shook. He could feel it grab onto him, lifting him out of the water and into the air. He kicked and screamed at the animatronic, feeling its claws digging into his shoulder.

“Please! Please don’t hurt me! I-I don’t wanna die!”

The creature screamed at him, its voice sounding like a mix of his, Cassie’s, Gregory’s, and (y/n)’s. Oliver couldn’t hold back another wave of tears and screaming. He was going to die. And unlike (y/n), he didn’t have a body that could be rebuilt.