Chapter 80

"We need to go now," you said, standing up.

"What's wrong?" Sun asked, standing up as well.

"We need to find them. Now," you said.

You ran in the direction of lost and found, seeing Gregory and Oliver crawling out of a vent near the floor. You ran over to them, hearing a buzzing noise slowly starting to creep into your head.

"Ollie! Gregory!" you exclaimed.

"S-stay back! I'll hit you again!" Gregory yelled, pushing Oliver behind him and holding up his flashlight.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's okay! I'm me! Well, for now but that's beside the point!" you said, grabbing both of them and hugging them.

You could feel Gregory struggling in your grasp, but Oliver clung to you, violently shaking.

"We need to go! That rabbit lady will be after us any second!" the brown-haired boy hissed.

"What rabbit lady?" Sun asked.

"Can none of you guys actually see her?"

"I see her."

You glanced down at Oliver, seeing him staring down at the entrance to the Pizzaplex. You looked to where he was looking, but you couldn't see anything. The area around the entrance looked fuzzy, but there was nothing there.

"Come on! Let's go!" Gregory hissed, grabbing Oliver and running to the elevator.

You and Sun followed close behind, the doors closing behind the four of you. You could feel another migraine hitting, this one significantly more violent than the last one. You could hear Freddy saying something through the Fazwatch on Gregory's wrist, but your focus was on keeping control. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your legs and you looked down, seeing Oliver hugging you.

"Once we make it to the next floor, you two need to go find Freddy and stay away from me for a bit," you said.

"Do you even know what's trying to control you?" Gregory asked.

"No, but when I find them I'm gonna bash their skull in," you mumbled.

"Can I help?"

"(y/n)! Gregory! That kind of talk is inappropriate!" Sun said, crossing his arms.

"If these two are to be believed, there's a crazy rabbit killer going... around..." you trailed off, realizing what you just said. Rabbit killer. Why did that sound so familiar?

"Yeah! We can say whatever we want!" Gregory said, seeming to not take notice of your change in tone. None of them did, actually. They all seemed more focused on what they should and shouldn't do in this situation.

"Sun, we need to head to Ms. William's office. I need to look for something," you said. You knew she had a lot of newspaper clippings in her office, mostly about the company, but you got the feeling at least one of them would answer your concerns about killer rabbit people.

"Is everything okay?" Sun asked.

"I just... I have some ideas and theories I wanna test," you said.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, the four of you got out and you took a few steps away from the two boys.

"You two try to stay away for a bit. Go find Freddy and see if you can figure out a way out of here," you said.

"Alright. Come on, let's go," Gregory said, grabbing Oliver's arm and running off.

"Bye bye, (y/n)!" Oliver called, waving at you.

You waved back before turning and walking in the direction of Ms. William's office, Sun following behind.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," you mumbled.

"Do you think there's something in the office that can help?"

"I think there's something that will clear things up."

"Like what?"

"No clue, but we're gonna find out."

The two of you made your way to the office. It was quiet between the two of you. You were more focused on getting to your destination and trying not to let the migraines get to you. Upon reaching the office, you used your security badge to get in. Upon entering, you saw that the office was in complete chaos. Papers were strewn everywhere, drawers were left open, a few chairs had even been turned over. It was like someone had raided the place. You glanced over your shoulder, seeing Sun standing just outside the door.

"You coming?" you asked.

"I... can't. I'm not allowed to," he said.

You let out a sigh, nodding. "Alright, just wait there, then."

You began digging through the papers. You felt horrible for going through them, especially without permission, but something deep within you was telling you that you could find some sort of answer here. There was something here, you knew it. You just had to find it.

"What are you looking for, Sunshine?"

"Something. That whole killer bunny lady thing Gregory was talking about got me thinking. I swear I've heard of something similar. I remember some kids from high school talking about one of the older animatronics after we got onto the subject of the missing children's incident, a golden bunny. I don't know, it just... reminds me of that," you said.

"So, you're looking for an animatronic?" Sun asked.

"A newspaper article. No one had any specifics about the incident, all of them were just talking out of their ass. But I know the kid who mentioned the animatronic also said they read something about it in the news. So, I'm gonna see what I can find."

You continued to dig through the papers, setting all of the newspapers off to one side whenever you found one. Before long, you had managed to find a few articles on the incidents. "Kids Go Missing at Freddy's", "Man Attacked By Animatronic", "Human or Robot: Who's Kidnapping the Children of Hurricane, Utah?". Eventually, though, you found what you were looking for. "Owner of Freddy's Found Dead in His Own Creation".

"Found it. 'William Afton, one of the original owners of Freddy's, was tragically found dead inside his own restaurant. His body was found crushed and impaled in one of the animatronics he had created. No one is sure what led to such an event occurring, but many believe that one of the key factors was the loss of his wife and two of his children. A service will be held this Sunday for the man who helped create the most magical place in Hurricane, Utah'," you read. You held out the paper, watching as Sun took it and read it over. "Some kids in my class knew William's son, Michael. They said he seemed glad his dad was gone and it started a rumor that William had been using that suit as a disguise or something. It sparked a lot of drama at school and there was even an assembly about the whole thing. Maybe this rabbit killer is trying to imitate William? I mean, if you believe that he was a killer who was using the suit as a disguise."

Good guess.