Epilogue Pt. 14

You shot up, gasping for breath. You were greeted with the site of the crumbling entrance to the Pizzaplex. Before you could process what had happened, you were flat on your back, staring up at the sky. You could hear Oliver sobbing as you felt his weight on top of you. Raising your hands, you slowly wrapped your arms around him and closed your eyes.

"We're alright, we're alright," you whispered.

"I thought you were dead!"

"Honey, I don't think I'm dying any time soon."

Opening your eyes again, you noticed Gregory and Cassie sitting next to you. Cassie looked relieved, while Gregory looked like he was about to pass out. You sat up, shifting Oliver into your lap and holding out a hand towards the two kids. Cassie took your hand, giving it a tight squeeze while Gregory just let himself fall forward and rest on your shoulder.

"What happened?" you asked.

"Peter..." Gregory mumbled.

"And how did Peter help get me out of the building?" you asked.

All Gregory did was shrug.

"Well, he came in and shot the headless Freddy a few times," Cassie said.

"Huh, didn't know he knew how to shoot a gun," you mumbled.

"Has a new security job," Gregory said.

"Security guards usually don't carry guns."

"Guess he does."

You sighed, shaking your head. Looking around, you noticed none of the other animatronics were in sight. It was just you and the kids.

"Where is Peter?" you asked.

"He's getting the animatronics loaded into his truck. He was talking with another lady about what to do with them," Cassie said.

"Vanessa."

You tensed up at the name. She was alive?

"She's not evil anymore. She helped rebuild Freddy," Gregory said.

"If you say so," you said.

"(y/n)! You're up!"

You looked over, seeing Peter walking up to you. You watched as he lifted both Cassie and Gregory up, resting both of them on his hips.

"You able to stand?" he asked.

"Y-yeah," you mumbled, pushing yourself up.

Once on your feet, you followed Peter away from the building and to a red truck that was parked just past the parking lot. You could feel yourself growing a little unnerved at how calm he was about the whole situation. There was no excitement that you were ok, no questions about you being a robot, nothing. It was like this was just a normal day.

You watched him put the two kids in the car, motioning for you to buckle Oliver into the back as well. By this point, he was already passed out in your arms, so it wasn't hard to get him off of you. Glancing at the covered truck bed, you noticed a few large shapes shifting about. You could only assume it was the other animatronics.

As Peter closed the back door, he leaned against the car and looked at you.

"Care to explain what the fuck happened these past few months?" he said.

"I-I..." you stammered. Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes and let out a sigh. "I don't even know where to start."

"Then start with the part that you've been a robot this entire time because clearly, that was part of the catalyst for all of this."

"Well, what is there to say? I thought I was just a normal human, but turns out I died once and somehow the founder of this entire company used some weird magic or since or- or whatever to fuse my soul with a robotic version of myself! And apparently that robot was so good at acting like a human that nobody, not even me, knew! And then of course, because I'm a robot now, I get targeted with that same weird virus that infected all of the other animatronics and caused them to go crazy! I almost killed people! I almost killed my brother! And then I just woke up one day to the Pizzaplex ruined, the animatronics practically shattered, and two- two things trying to kill my brother and his new friends! So, yeah! Life's fucking perfect her at Fazbear Entertainment!" you ranted.

Peter let out a sigh of his own. Looking up, you could see him pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Ok, ok. So, that explains a lot of the questions I had about you when you first started working. That 'mysterious past' that was just missing from your memory. But... what exactly happened when the Pizzaplex just... collapsed."

"Yeah, but, to be honest, I didn't believe him when he told me. I thought he was just saying all of that stuff to cope with whatever was going on. I mean, can you blame me? The kid was going on about how you were a robot and how the animatronics were trying to kill him but he and some homeless kid managed to escape with Freddy's head and one of our coworkers who was also apparently trying to kill them! You can't blame me for thinking the kid was having a psychological break."

"N-no, I... I can't," you mumbled. You could feel a few tears welling up in your eyes as you bit your lip.

"Hey, hey, (y/n), what's wrong?"

"I-I was so scared... I genuinely couldn't tell h-how much of the stuff I-I did was me and h-how much of it was that stupid virus," you whispered.

You felt Peter wrap an arm around you as he rested his head on top of yours.

"Well... it's over now," he said.

You felt him lead you over to the passenger side of the car, opening the door for you and helping you get in. As you wiped your tears and attempted to get yourself buckled in, Peter got in the drivers side and started the car.

"Alright, Cassie. Want me to drop you off at your place?" Peter asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Yes, please," Cassie said.

"Alright, Cassie's house it is."

The drive to drop off Cassie and go back to Peter's place was long. All of the kids had fallen asleep, and you noticed the animatronics had entered some sort of sleep mode as well. That, or their batteries finally died. Before long, you had arrived at a house you didn't recognize after dropping Cassie off at her place. Your vision was slowly starting to fade as you stared up at the house. You squinted your eyes, leaning back in your seat. Before you even had the chance to get out and get a closer look, your eyes fluttered closed and you dozed off in the car seat.