Chapter 62

After getting Oliver and heading home, you spent most of your time cleaning. If you were going to take Eclipse home with you, you'd need somewhere to keep him. The only two places you could think of were the garage or whatever room that trap door in Bill's room led to. However, you knew Oliver would go into the garage sometimes since there was a large freezer that was normally used to store ice cream and you were just straight up terrified of opening the trap door. So, you just focused on cleaning the rest of the house.

Before you knew it, night had fallen and you were pretty sure the Pizzaplex was closing up. You had been on and off messaging Peter, asking if there were any places he knew of that you could drop Oliver off at. Now that the daycare was closed, you really didn't have anywhere to leave Oliver. You could've left him with some of the staff, but you felt like that would make it harder for them to work.

"There's a daycare that's close to your place that has some pretty good reviews. I'm pretty sure an old classmate of mine works there as well and they're a really nice person who would always take amazing care of the kids they used to babysit."

"How much does it cost?"

"I wanna say around $14 an hour?"

"Alright, I can go look into them."

"(y/n)! I see people in the driveway!" Oliver called.

Your face paled and you ran over to where he was, looking out the window. You could see two people walking up to the house, causing your heart to start pounding in your chest. However, as they got closer, you let out a sigh of relief. Walking over to the door, you unlocked and opened it, leaning against the doorframe.

"Don't you have my number?" you called.

"Yeah, but then how could I surprise you?" Katie asked, walking up with Richard next to her.

"You don't," you said, letting the two in and closing the door.

Katie laughed, setting her backpack down next to the couch.

"Sassy lady!" Oliver yelled, running over and giving her a hug.

"Hey, buddy! How are you doing?" she asked, picking him up.

"I'm good," he said, smiling.

"Are you okay? We heard what happened," Richard said.

"Yeah, we're all fine. There was only one kid who got hurt and it wasn't anything severe. At least, nothing physically severe. I don't know how she's holding up mentally," you said.

"Well, hopefully everything is gonna be okay. But for now, guess what I brought~," Katie sang, digging through her backpack. She pulled out a Wii and four remotes, holding them up. "Thought you'd like something to take your mind off everything and what better way then a good old Just Dance session. Ya know, go back to high school when all we had to worry about were our grades."

"Yeah, that sounds fun," you said.

After helping Katie get the Wii set up, the four of you each took a remote and took turns picking songs. Every so often, you'd switch versions of the games. Katie was normally the one to get the highest score, but Oliver was surprisingly the one with the most energy. While all of you were starting to get tired, he was still going strong. Of course, just like Katie said, the game was able to take your mind off of everything.

Eventually, though, all of you got too tired to continue. Oliver and Katie both wound up falling asleep while you and Richard were just trying to catch your breath.

"So, you're gonna be working with Monty?" he asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?" you asked.

"I'm also on the maintenance crew. I usually work with Roxy and Monty," he said.

"So I'll be seeing you around more?" you asked.

"Yup. If you've got any questions about Monty or are having any issues with him, just get me and I can help," he said.

"Does he normally cause problems," you ask.

"Eh, depends. He's good around some of us, but he can have little bursts of anger. He's recently taken to hiding out in Gator Golf whenever he's upset. Almost missed a few shows because of it," he said.

You nodded. Monty seemed nice every time you talked to him, but you also weren't around him all the time. Maybe there was something you weren't seeing.

"I should probably take Katie home. We've both got work tomorrow. I'll see you later, alright?" he said.

"Alright, I'll see you later," you said.

Richard packed up the Wii, woke Katie up, and helped her walk out the door while waving goodbye. You waved back, a small smile on your face. Picking up Oliver, you walked back to your room. You knew you'd need to get some sleep soon as well. You were probably going to be going to work as well. Well, you would as soon as you found a daycare of Oliver to be dropped off at.

You crawled into bed with Oliver, feeling sleep already beginning to take over. Then, a strange feeling started taking over. You felt at peace, almost, like all was right with the world. You knew deep down that nothing was right, that your world was falling apart around you, but in that moment it didn't matter. You had your little brother, and in this moment that was all you needed. He was safe. With that final calming thought, you fell asleep.