Chapter 59

"Get the hell off of them!"

You felt the attendant get practically flung off of you. You gasped for air, shooting up and coughing as your hand rubbed against your neck. It almost felt like there was a dent where the attendant's hands were.

"Are you okay?"

You looked up to see Peter crouched next to you. His face was pale, eyes wide as his body shook slightly. You glanced over, seeing Dave as well as a few other guards. Some of them were escorting the kids out, others had moved between you and Sun.

"I-I'm fine," you said, pushing yourself up.

"(y/n)!" you heard Oliver yell.

You looked over, seeing one of the guards ushering him out the door. You tried to push yourself up but almost fell over, Peter catching you by the arm.

"Slow down. Ollie's gonna be fine. Just take it easy and don't get yourself hurt," Peter said.

"Sunshine...?"

You froze, your head slowly turning to see Sun pushing himself off the ground.

"What... happened?"

"Stay there," one of the guards said, his hand reaching for a taser on his belt.

Sun looked past the guard and over to where you were, but you couldn't tell what his expression was. The dent that you left was a lot nastier now that you could see it in the light. The faceplate looked slightly warped and part of it was stuck in a permanent grin. However, you knew from his voice just how scared and confused he was.

Peter helped you up and led you out of the daycare, Sun calling your name as you left. You could feel your body violently shaking, tears pouring down your cheeks. As you left the daycare, Oliver ran up to you and practically tackled you into a hug. He was crying, his small hands gripping your shirt as he buried his face into your shoulder. You gently pet his hair, resting your chin on top of his head.

You glanced around, seeing parents arriving at the scene and their kids running towards them. Any kids whose parents weren't there were being comforted by the staff. You saw Sophia being bandaged up by one of the workers, a woman standing beside her looking absolutely hysterical. She must've been her mother.

"(y/n)! Oh my god you're okay!"

Hearing Jacob's voice made you physically sick this time. You felt like you could throw up at any second. You felt his hands gripping your arms as he crouched down in front of you.

"You don't know how worried I was. I heard all the other guards talking about the attendant going on the fritz and I was so scared something had happened to you," he said.

You looked away from him, your gaze focusing on the mesh wall of the daycare. You could see Sun standing there, watching you. He must've been so confused and scared.

You felt Jacob's hand gently grip your chin as he turned your head back to face him.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

He slowly leaned in and you immediately went into panic mode, slamming your hands against his chest and shoving him back.

"What the hell, man?!" Peter exclaimed, putting himself between you and Jacob.

You pushed yourself away from the two, curling around Oliver as the (h/c) haired boy's cries got louder.

"Am I not allowed to kiss them as a way to comfort them? I'm their boyfriend for Christ's sake!" Jacob said.

Peter turned to you, staring into your eyes before turning back to Jacob. "Yeah, because shoving you away is totally what you do to the person you love," he said.

"They're my lover! Now let me comfort them!" Jacob yelled.

You glanced over at the daycare, seeing Sun had slowly moved closer to the mesh walls that lined the daycare. He was staring at the four of you. With the grin that seemed permanently molded to his face, the whole sight was terrifying. You looked back over at Jacob, your eyes squinting into a glare.

"You're not my boyfriend. You're barely a friend at this point," you said.

"What do you mean? You kissed me at the bar! If that doesn't mean you love me, then what the hell did it mean?!" he yelled.

You felt your body practically lock up at his words. Peter and some of the other guards started yelling back at Jacob, all saying the same thing of "back off" or "leave them alone", but you didn't pay much attention to it. All you could think of was the fact that you supposedly kissed him. You couldn't remember it, though. You had no memory of kissing him. It was the first time you couldn't remember something that happened recently and with how big of a memory something like that should've been, it was sending you spiraling.

The noise in the room grew louder and louder. You could see parents ushering their kids away and some of the guards who hadn't gotten caught in the yelling escorting the ones whose parents weren't there yet out. You could hear Sun banging on the daycare door, screaming incoherently. Your hands moved to cover your ears and you squeezed your eyes shut. Why was all of this happening? What happened that caused your life to go to hell?

You felt a pair of small hands press against your cheeks. Your eyes snapped open. You saw Oliver sitting up in your lap, his hands wiping away the tears that were sliding down your cheeks. You slowly moved your hands away from your ears, placing them on top of his.

"Please don't cry," he whispered.

"I... I'll try," you whispered back.

"Will all of you shut your damn mouths!" Dave yelled. All of the workers stopped arguing, their attention fully on him. "If you don't shut it and do your damn jobs, I'm going to fire all of you. Jacob, (y/n), the two of you and I are going to have a talk with the rest of the managers. Now..."

Dave began calling out names and telling where each person was supposed to go. He had Peter go meet with the kids who hadn't been picked up yet so he could start calling parents and guardians. You stayed sitting on the floor, glaring at Jacob any time he tried to move closer to you.

"Sophia! Wait!"

You looked over to see Sophia running over, her mother chasing after her. She pulled you into a hug. Tears streamed down her cheeks. You carefully hugged her back, making sure you didn't squeeze her too hard out of fear you'd hurt her.

"Sophia, please- you need to give them space," her mother said, her hands slowly reaching for her daughter. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for her to bother you-"

"It's alright, ma'am. I'm just glad she's okay," you said.

"Y-yes, thank you so much. You saved my little girl. Is there anything I can do to repay you?" the woman asked.

"Miss, I'm going to ask you to leave. I understand you're grateful for how our staff handled the situation, but I'm going to need to be taking (y/n) to see their manager," Dave said, walking over to the four of you.

"They're not going to lose their job, are they?" the woman asked.

"No. But, we're going to need to give them a new animatronic to work with. I'm not going to be surprised if the daycare is shut down after this," Dave said. He pulled out a small piece of paper from his pocket, writing something down on it and handing it to the woman. "We're very sorry for everything that happened to your child. Just take that note up to any of the workers and they'll get you a manager who will compensate for everything that happened today."

"Alright. Thank you," the woman said. She turned to you, carefully taking Sophia from your arms. "Thank you, again. You don't know how grateful I am that you kept Sophia safe."

"Just doing my job," you said, forcing a small smile.

"Alright, let's get going. I need to talk to the both of you," Dave said.

You nodded, standing up. You waved to Sophia and her mother as you, Oliver, and Jacob followed Dave out of the daycare.