Chapter 82

"What did you do?" you whispered.

"We didn't mean to! I swear!" Oliver exclaimed, running up and grabbing your arm. "He- he was attacking us and- and Gregory panicked and pushed a button and- w-we swear we didn't know what it did!"

You slowly pulled Oliver into a hug, gently petting his hair as the voice in your head cackled. You glanced over at Gregory, seeing him looking guilty.

"Is this true?" you slowly asked.

"I-I... I just wanted to... to..." His voice trailed off into a barely audible whisper.

"You just wanted to what?"

"Upgrade Freddy..."

His words made your joints lock up.

"Excuse me?"

"We- we needed the parts so we could upgrade Freddy a-and they've been mean to us all night so- so it's only fair!" he exclaimed.

"Only fair? Only fair?" you asked, letting go of Oliver and standing up. "They are being controlled! They have no say in their actions! Are you gonna destroy me because I'm also being controlled? Huh?"

"No-! That's not what I-"

"Go on! Beat me up! Destroy me and take my parts so you can upgrade Freddy! Go on! Do it!" you yelled, stomping over to the boy.

"(y/n)! We didn't mean to!" Oliver exclaimed, grabbing onto your leg and trying to pull you back.

"You didn't mean to! Gregory did! Unless you're not telling me something," you hissed.

Just then, Gregory ran up to you and, with more force than you were expecting, shoved you back far enough to cause you to fall over the rails and into the water surrounding the stage. You sat there, slightly dazed for a second.

"(y/n)!"

"Come on! They're crazy! Let's get out of here!"

You looked up, seeing Gregory pulling Oliver into one of the vents while holding what looked like Monty's claws. It took you a minute to process what exactly just happened. Then, you let out a laugh. Then another, and another, before you were laughing like a maniac.

"Oh you fuckers really are just trying to be a pain in my ass, aren't you?" you said, standing up and hauling yourself back onto the stage. You knelt down next to Monty again, looking him over. "Wake up. I know you're not dead."

After a few seconds of silence, you stood up and nudged the animatronic with your foot. A second later, you could hear the sound of fans starting up and metal creaking as Monty finally started moving. You smirked, turning and hopping down from the stage.

Don't just leave him there.

"He'll be fine. He's a big, strong gator. He can handle himself," you said, shrugging.

He's in pain.

"Do you think I care?"

The voice went quiet for a bit. You were glad. It was really getting on your nerves. You walked back to the main atrium, seeing the two boys already at the main stage. You smirked, leaning against the railings. You could see the two boys watching you as the lift descended. You smiled, giving them a small wave.

You're not going after them?

"No. I'm intrigued. I don't know what possessed that kid to think upgrading Freddy was a good idea, but I want to see what happens."

You just want to get the other animatronics killed.

"You're not wrong. I could use you for the job. I mean, Sun and Freddy haven't been the most... compliant. They're the only two who haven't been infected... yet."

What do you mean "yet"?

"It's not just the program files that are infected."

You began heading back towards Ms. William's office. The voice continued to ask questions, but it was getting fainter, weaker. It sounded like it was starting to disappear. It made you smile. You walked into the office, going back to digging through the papers.

What are you doing?

"Did you ever wonder who actually killed you?" you asked. You got no response, causing you to giggle. "Let me rephrase this, why did you even come into this office in the first place?"

I wanted to... check something.

"Why?"

Something was familiar.

"Why do you think it was familiar?"

Nothing. You sighed, shaking your head.

"You really aren't the brightest, are you?" you said. You grabbed one of the newspaper articles, reading the title and smirking. "Why would a killer rabbit sound familiar, hm? Any thoughts on that?"

It was just a rumor.

"Are you sure? You sure there weren't any rabbits involved in your death?"

No. I know how I died. I remember it.

"Do you?"

I saw his face, I just don't remember it.

"Did you, though? Did you see his face, or are you just trying to fill in the gaps?"

I wasn't killed by a rabbit.

"You're so fucking dense. Look around you. Children go missing at Freddy's with all the suspects having alabais, then out of nowhere one one of the owners is found dead in one of his animatronics, a rabbit animatronic. Take the fucking hint," you growled.

You're... lying.

"Want me to prove it?"

You yanked open a drawer, grabbing a file before storming out of the office. You went straight for Roxy Raceway, taking a staircase down to an elevator. Getting in, you leaned against the wall, listening to a distorted version of the tune that normally played. As soon as you stopped, you got out of the elevator and walked through the ruins of what looked like an old Freddy's restaurant.

Where...

"Shut it," you growled.

You took another staircase down, reaching a small concrete room with a few electronics and a recharge station. Something within you shifted and suddenly you felt extremely shaky. You collapsed to the floor, your head spinning as you gripped the file. Slowly looking up, you stared at the recharge station, seeing something inside. You pushed yourself up, stumbling over and having to grab onto the window in the recharge station to keep yourself up. You stared at the floor for a few seconds, trying to get the spinning to stop before you looked up. You screamed, launching yourself back and falling onto the floor as tears poured down your cheeks.

Say hello to your boss.