Epilogue Pt. 15

"(y/n)! (y/n)! (y/n)!" You felt a small hand smack your arm as an explosion of giggles spread through the room. "You're it!"

With a sigh, you shook your head.

"Ollie, sweetie, not now," you said.

"Aw, why?" Oliver whined.

"We need to get Moon and Monty all fixed up. We don't want to reboot any of our friends, do we?" Peter asked, leaning over the workbench.

With a huff, Oliver shook his head.

"No, we don't..." he mumbled.

"Why don't you go play with Mr. Sun? I'm sure he could use a friend right now."

"But I play with Mr. Sun every day! You guys barely even come out to eat..."

"Well, (y/n) doesn't need to eat anymore and I prefer to eat while I work."

"Well... I wanna watch you guys today."

You felt Oliver try to climb into your lap. With a sigh and a soft smile, you grabbed under his arms and lifted him onto your lap. He almost immediately settled in, his hands on top of your own as he pretended to be moving your hands by himself.

"And then we put the thing here, and turn that a little, and move the wire," he said, poorly commentating on what you were doing.

"Ok! Ok! I think Monty can be booted up!" Peter exclaimed, causing you to stop your work on Moon.

"You think so?" you asked.

"Yeah! I'm confident on this one!"

"Well, go for it!"

You watched Peter type a few things into his laptop, hitting enter on whatever he had just done, then unplugged Monty from the computer and pressed a button. He closed a small panel on Monty's arm then stepped back. You watched in anticipation as Monty slowly grew animated. Your arms wrapped around Oliver's waist as you smiled. Maybe he was finally working.

Then, just when things were starting to go well, there was a loud popping noise followed by a small bang and smoke emanating from Monty's chest. You almost immediately jumped out of your seat, holding Oliver away from the smoking animatronic as Peter rushed to grab a fire extinguisher.

"Shit, shit, shit," he hissed.

"What happened," you said.

"I don't know! I- god damn it!"

You watched Peter spray Monty with the extinguisher, a deep frown on your face. This was really becoming a problem.

"Maybe we should call one of Monty's old maintenance workers," you said.

"I-I... I got this! I know I do! I mean, it can't be that different from the attendant, right? Like, there's gotta be some sort of baseline, I just- I need to-"

"Peter, I'm gonna call Richard and see if he can come over," you cut him off.

"Fine. I'll go... I'll go look into fixing Bonnie back up," he mumbled.

You nodded, watching him grab his computer again and take a seat on the floor. Apparently, he found working like that more comfortable.

"Is Monty gonna be ok?" Oliver asked.

"He'll be alright. He's just being stubborn, like he always is," you said, smiling down at him.

Taking a seat back next to Moon, you quickly shot Richard a text trying to see if he could stop by at some point before getting back to work. You could hear the door to the garage open and heavy footsteps walking in.

"Is everything ok? We heard commotion and Sun was very worried," Freddy said.

"We're good. No one got hurt," Peter said.

"You sure? It didn't sound good," Sun said.

"We're fine! Monty is just being a pain to fix," you said.

You held a hand up, motioning for Sun. You could hear him dart over and felt him rest his chin on your shoulder as you gently pat the top of his head. It was nice to have him back. You just hoped you could get Moon back, as well.

"Well, I am glad you all are ok. If you ever need any assistance, you are always welcome to ask," Freddy said.

"Thanks. I'll be sure to take you up on that offer," Peter said, letting out a small laugh.

"I am glad to hear. Now, I shall take my leave."

With that, the door to the garage closed. You let out a sigh, tinkering with a few parts on Moon that were still causing problems. The virus had certainly taken its toll, and switching him to a separate body was not helping matters.

"Are you alright, Sunshine?" Sun murmured.

"I'll be fine once all of this is over with," you mumbled.

"But you need to take a break! You've been back here for days, it's not good for you!"

"We should all be taking a break, honestly. This is all just way more stressful than it needs to be," Peter chimed in.

"And I still need to get the all clear to make Eclipse his own body," you mumbled.

"Why did you even promise him that? It's not like we need another attendant. You have me and Moon!"

"Well, Eclipse can also do other things besides run a daycare. He could... maybe be moved to another location or help out in one of the other attractions. He doesn't have to be in the daycare," you said. You finished with what you hoped would be the last few wires you had to reconnect on Moon, letting out a sigh of relief. "Alright, my turn."

"You ready to present your finished project to the class?" Peter teased.

"Yes, I am," you said, sticking your tongue out.

"Fire 'em up, then."

You nodded, disconnecting Moon from your computer and powering him on. You stepped back, moving Oliver behind you and holding your breath, metaphorically speaking. Moon slowly began to animate, sitting up and looking around the room. He stopped when his eyes landed on you, Sun, and Oliver, blinking a few times before tilting his head.

"What... happened?" he asked.

You noticed Peter standing up and walking over towards you, a look of hopeful curiosity on his face.

"Do you... remember us?" you slowly asked.

Without saying a word, Moon slowly got up from the workbench and walked over, pulling all of you into a hug. You let out a small chuckle, then another, and another, until you were laughing as tears silently rolled down your cheeks. Peter joined in on your laughing as well, the two of you tightly returning Moon's hug as Sun jumped up and down and yelled. You could see Oliver clinging onto Moon's legs, burying his face in the fabric.

"You're back! You're actually back!" you exclaimed.

"You had us worried, ya dick!" Peter yelled.

"Watch your language," Moon laughed, lightly smacking the top of Peter's head.

"Oh, fuck off, man! Let me have this!"

"We missed you! We missed you so much!" you said.

"Missed ya too, Starlight," he said.

You noticed Oliver backing off, staring up at all of you as he cleared his throat. You looked down at him, giving him a soft smile.

"What is it, sweetie?" you asked.

"So, Roxy says you're dating Mr. Sun and Mr. Moon."

"(y/n), you did what?!"

<><><><><>

I guess this is the end...

Thank you guys for your support, and have a happy new year!