Chapter 48

After having lunch with Ms. Williams, you wound up taking Oliver to the mall to just relax and try to feel better. You had been on and off feeling like complete shit after learning about what had happened to Bill and you just needed a bit of an escape. So, to the mall it was.

Currently, you had just finished getting bubble tea and were sitting at a table with Oliver. You had hit up a few shops already, mainly getting small little items that you thought looked cool. You had to admit, Fazbear Entertainment paid really well. These types of trips were normally very rare. You'd normally save for months, and even then you heavily relied on having friends with you who would be nice enough to pitch in a little when you wanted something. Now, you could get whatever the hell you wanted. That knowledge of having the power to do what you wanted was honestly comforting to you. After everything that had happened, after every bad thing you couldn't stop, it was nice to feel like you were in control of the situation.

"So, what next, Ollie?" you asked, finishing your bubble tea and pushing the cup off to the side.

"Candy!" the (h/c) haired boy exclaimed.

"I don't know. You've had a lot of sugar today," you said.

"Please!" he whined. You paused for a minute, debating on whether or not you should let him get candy. "Candy is the only thing that's gonna make me happy!"

"It's not the only thing, but alright. However, you can only pick out one thing," you said.

Oliver huffed, but didn't complain. The two of you got up and began looking around for any place that looked like it could've had something sweet. You had picked Oliver up and had been carrying him around, worried that the crowd could sweep him away at any second.

"Hey! (y/n)!" you heard someone call.

Looking around, you realized Jacob was running over to you. He had a huge grin on his face and was waving.

"Hey! Never thought I'd see you here. What's up?" he asked, skidding to a stop in front of you.

"Just making the most of my time off, I guess," you said.

You began walking again, Jacob following close behind.

"Yeah, it's definitely nice. You get that email one of the managers sent out? The one about the meeting? You know what that's about?" he asked.

"No," you lied.

"Dang, I was hoping someone could tell me. I promised some friends I'd hang out tomorrow and I wanna know what that meeting is about before I decide whether I'm gonna ditch it or not," he said.

"You should probably go. It might be important," you said.

"Big meetings like that are almost never important. At least they haven't been since I started working there. It's always related to sales or popularity or some new animatronic they wanna test out, stuff they don't need the entire staff for," he said

"And what if it is important this time? What happens if you ditch it and you miss out on some big event?" you asked.

"Then someone else can fill me in. It's really no big deal," he said.

You let out a low growl, picking up your pace. "Just go, damn it," you hissed.

"Alright, chill. I'll go," he said.

You nodded, taking a deep breath and trying to relax yourself. You felt so tense and angry just being around Jacob. It wasn't how he normally made you feel. Something was off about him. That, or you were just overreacting.

"What's got you in such a bad moon?" he asked.

"It's nothing," you said.

"It's not nothing, (y/n). You look like you're ready to murder someone," he said.

"Well, I say it's nothing, so drop it," you growled.

"Ollie, bud, what's up?" he asked.

"Don't you fucking dare bring Ollie into this," you said.

"I just want to know what's wrong!" he exclaimed.

"Well if you wanna know what's wrong, why don't you go down to the fucking police station and ask them what the hell happened!" you yelled.

Before he could even answer, you turned on your heel and stormed off. You felt Oliver tightly hug you, his small hands playing with your hair.

"Language," he whispered.

"Shut the hell up you little brat!"

"I'm sorry. I'll try not to say it again," you whispered back, pushing down the thought of yelling at him as well.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I don't know... I'm just... really, really sad, I guess," you said.

"Is it because of Mr. Bill?" he asked.

"Yeah," you mumbled.

"I'm really, really sad too. I miss him," he said.

"I know you do. I miss him as well," you said.

You noticed a candy store, remembering that Oliver had wanted candy earlier.

"Hey, let's go get something sweet. Mr. Bill always told me that when you eat sweet things, it makes you feel better," you said.

Oliver smiled and nodded and with that, the two of you entered the store. Oliver was quick to hop down from your arms and run over to the closest shelf. You trailed behind, keeping an eye on him as well as the people around him.

"Hey, I said one item!" you said, noticing him grabbing multiple bags of gummies.

Oliver turned and stuck his tongue out at you, but put the candy back regardless. After a minute of deciding what to get, Oliver wound up getting a bag that he could just fill with different types of candy. The two of you went to check out, the bag being weighed while you pulled out your card.

"Are you gonna get something?" Oliver asked.

"Nah, it's fine," you said.

"But you said you were sad and that sweet things would make you happy," he said.

"Yeah, but I also have stuff at home," you said.

Oliver pouted and the cashier let out a small chuckle.

"Hey, if you really wanna make them feel better, you gotta do something nice for them," he said, leaning over and ruffling Oliver's hair.

Oliver nodded, grabbing his bag of candy as soon as he heard the receipt printing. The two of you left the store, but Oliver stopped after taking only a few steps out the door.

"What's wrong?" you asked.

Oliver looked down at his jacket, one of his hands going into the pockets and digging around. A minute later, he handed you his bag of candy and ran back to the store.

"Stay there! No peeking!" he called.

You were slightly baffled, taking a few steps towards the door only to hear him yell "no peeking" again.The cashier poked his head out, giving you a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'll watch the kid," he said.

You sighed, nodding as you leaned against the outside wall of the shop. As you waited, you noticed Jacob pass by. He looked at you, but didn't say anything. A minute later, Oliver ran back out while holding something behind his back.

"Whatcha got there?" you asked.

"A surprise," he said.

"Can I see the surprise?" you asked.

Oliver looked a little hesitant at first before pulling his hands out from behind his back and handing you a small bag filled with your favorite candy. You smiled, crouching down and pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you, sweetie," you whispered.

<><><><><>

While the mold issue is under control, it still needs work. I'm also realizing that the only time I can write for fun is in between classes, so I'll update twice a week at most, either on Mondays or Wednesdays.