00 | The Beginning of Mayhem

"I don't repeat myself and I don't let people bullshit me

"I don't repeat myself and I don't let people bullshit me." His eyes are narrowed at me from across his desk.

Yes, he was pissed and I made sure to show that I didn't care. Slumped in one of the leather chestnut-colored office chairs, I crossed my arms looking back at him lazily.

"But I had an okay day and I'm in a..." He trails, looking me up and down, his nose twitching. "Lenient mood."

My eyes never rolled so hard. Remaining silent, I watched him. Biting his lip, the muscle in his jaw twitched. From beneath the desk, I could see he was fiddling with something out of my view.

"And it only lasts for so long." He speaks again, the warning in his tone obvious.

Bang!

I barely managed to control myself from jumping in fright at the sudden sound of his gun hitting the oak wood. It was loaded. I know it was. He'd be foolish to have an unloaded gun on him. The shiny stainless steel M&P pistol was pointed at me, his pointer finger on the trigger.

"So, I ask again and I want the truth. Just know that if you try to lie, at least make it a creative, credible answer. I hate fucking liars."

All I hear is the sound of a knife kissing the wall. His words, threatening, didn't affect me. I didn't care. I wasn't scared of him.

"Why were you with X?"

Xenon.

Oh, my wonderful friend and ex, Donovan Powers.

Without any control, a smirk formed on my lips as I took in his glamorous serious look. Though he was mean to me, I can't deny how good he looks right now. So full of anger. He was a killer and I was going to push him.

"I wanted to have sex." I shrugged. "And he was available."

Silence. That was it in the room. You could hear our soft breathing if you listened closely. It wasn't until I started closely that I saw something glint in his eyes.

Shortly, he grunts roughly, raising the gun to his chin. Tapping twice, he looked off towards the window.

"Did you?"

"As if I'd tell you, Carter." I smiled wickedly.

Everything falls silent once again. Until he stands to his feet, keeping his gun in hand. I watched him with a taunting look.

"You're going to shoot me now?" I teased.

He remains silent, rounding his desk to the front of it. Stopping in front of me, he leans against the edge. He says nothing. Silent as a mouse. I snickered to myself. More like a dead rat. That emotionless expression that always plays on his face was staring down at me.

"You know," I boldly stood from my chair, feeling my confidence grow to a high extent. "It felt really good. Never felt so sensitive." My words came out in a slow slur. Almost purring. Exaggerated.