/18./

CARTER

CARTER

I watched her walk out the door with Amelia and a few of my trusted men. I turned back and went straight back to my office to get a drink.

Pushing the door open then closed it behind me. I sat in my seat and grabbed the glass of bourbon and grabbed a glass next to it and poured some.

I placed the bottle down and grabbed the glass

I placed the bottle down and grabbed the glass. I sat in my thoughts for almost an hour. I held it up to my lips to get more taste of numbness and suddenly was interrupted by someone entering my office without consent.

My eyes instantly filled with anger as I looked to see Candy eyeing me with a smirk on her face.

"Daddy," she smiled as she walked further in, not bothering to close the door.

"What do you want, Candy?" I asked in pure irritation.

She took a seat in one of my chairs. "Earlier, you looked tense. So, I figured once you sent the bitch away, I could relieve you."

A smirk formed on my face. "Is that right?" And she responded with a simple nod. This girl here had no respect for herself. Her obsession with me making her....in honest words, bottom bitch was a sign of her submitting to me.

She was far from a bad looking woman but I didn't want the bitch. She honestly holds no interest to me. Half the estate ran through her and I was not looking for a disease. I only hit that one time and never again.

I took a swig of the bourbon and placed my glass down. "Listen closely, Candy." I paused for a moment. "You and I, will never happen. You were only good for that mouth of yours."

I watched as her face fell. That little confidence she had was simply demolished.

"B-But we-"

"Had that one time that won't ever happen again. It was a one time thing, darling." I spoke with a firm tone.

Just as on cue, my second hand man, Brian entered the room. "Blondie is awake." I gave him a nod and he left.

I drank the last of the liquid before turning to her. "Now, if you don't mind, leave my office."

She stared at me for a while before reluctantly standing to her feet and walking out. I locked my office and followed Brian who stood outside the door to the basement.

The weak girl came in sight and I motioned for Brian to give me the bucket of water. The girl looked dead but she was far from her death. Her torture has yet to cease. Her head hung low with her hair all over her face. Without wasting a second, I dumped the water on her head causing a sound from her.

Her bruised face met my serious one. I watched the tears form in her eyes while I handed the bucket to Brian.

"Your ready to talk?" I queried.

She sighed and closed her eyes. "I think I can go another day in silence. Let the pain wash over me."

I walked closer to her. She never opened her eyes but she knew I was inches away from her. I grabbed her hair, yanking her head back which made her eyes open.

"Give me what I want to know and I'll let you go."

Her bloodshot red eyes looked at me and I could see the fear in them. I also could see the little Hope in her eyes as I mentioned her pay for freedom.

I pulled back when she shook her head. "Stubborn bitch." I muttered. I held my hand out and I felt the handle of the sharp object. I pulled up a chair and sat in front of her.

"Tell me, girl or I'll end your life right now and it won't be pretty." I warned.

Her chest rises and falls rapidly and she turned her head. Just then an idea went to my mind. I leaned back with a smirk.

"You want to know how your sister died?" I queried and it caught her attention.

"False playing as a storeman when she pulled up for gas. Tried to hit it off with me and I'll tell how flatter I was but sadly she didn't make it to see the sun light." I smiled sinisterly. "Nova was it?"

"You bastard!!" She screamed as she tugged on her restraints.

"I'll take that as a complement, darling. In truth, it's your fault. She would still be living if you would have been doing your job. Right, Hayley?"

"Fvck you! Go to fvcking h*ll!" She screamed before spitting near me.

"You will be going first." I said now standing to my feet.

"Boss man, we have a problem!" A bodyguard called out interrupting.

I looked at her and smiled. "Don't worry, darling. I'll be back sooner than you think." And all she did was glare. Something I can care less for.

I made it up the steps with Brian on my tail. "What is it?"

"The girl that went with Amelia ran off and we don't know where she is."

"Fvcking h*ll!" I grabbed his collar. "You had one job to do!" I threw him against the wall.

"Brian!" I called out and he appeared in front of me. "Find her."

He gave a sharp nod and ran off. I turned to look at the man I threw at the wall. "Bring Amelia to my office." My tone mono. He ran off without hesitation.

To think she was smart enough to not do this. She had no idea what I had in store for her. I made it back to my office and grabbed another drink.

Moments of waiting, Amelia was finally brought to my office. I sat in my chair and swirled the brown liquid in the glass, never taking my eyes off her. I watched her and she did not show any signs of being scared.

"Where exactly were you when she ran?" I queried.

She cleared her throat and stood straight. "I was picking tomatoes." She replied.

I looked away, my eyes looking at nothing particular. "I hate liars, Amelia."

"Why would I lie to you, sir? The girl ran off and I apologize that my attention was on food to make for your dinner." She said boldly.

I chuckled darkly. "You've been with in the family for years, Amelia. I would hate to end it here."

Amelia sighed. "You are the Boss. You do what you think is right." Her words soft.

I looked back at her and her posture did not change. Silence filled the room as I stared at her. "Take her to the basement."

I watched as they took her from my sight and walked her to the basement.

My mind went back to Tiana. Stupid girl didn't know what she did to herself by running.

But my word is my vow. I'll find her and teach her a fvcking lesson.