/74./

HAPPY NEW YEARS!! 2020

TIANA

"Are you alright, Queen?" Eva asked with concern.

I nod. "Im okay. I'm just not feeling to good." I looked over at Rick. "I'm ready."

He nods and I gather my book bag and books. I pushed my hair back and followed behind Rick. We walked to the car and I got situated in.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Rick asked me.

I sighed. "I'll get through it. I'm mad at him but I'm not. I'm just trying to focus on the baby and my schooling now that I'm back in it. I'm making goals for myself despite the crazy stuff that's happening around me. I'll be alright, Rick. I'm balancing everything out slowly."

Rick sighed. "Will you talk to him?"

I looked ahead. "Eventually. I can't right now. I just want it to be a stress free day."

Rick nods. "I understand."

The rest of the ride was quiet and we made it to the school. We walked to my only class today and I took a seat in my usual spot. Rick day next to me. I noticed another person come towards me.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up to see a man. He had long black dreadlocks. He had chocolate skin with dark brown eyes. He was attractive and he flashed a bright smile. He was tall but not as tall as Carter.

"No, it's not." I said with a polite smile.

He took a seat and pulled out his books.

"Tiana, right?"

I frowned at him saying my name. "No, it's T."

"Nice to meet you, T. I'm Gavin."

I nod. "Same to you."

I turned to look at Rick with a look of uncertainty. He nods. He gathered my things and I stood. We switched seats and the Gavin dude stared at us.

"Um, is everything okay?" He questions.

"It is." Rick answered him.

He looked over at me then at Rick. Rick glared down at him and Gavin looked away and moved over a seat.

"Rick." I said Rick who still glared at him.

"Rick?" I said again.

He turned his attention to me. He had a serious face.

"What is it?" I asked in confusion.

"He's off."

"It's probably nothing but a little crush. He's a little weird tho."

He shook his head. "No, Queen. He's fidgeting. Just pay attention to the teacher while I watch the class."

I looked over at the guy and he faced ahead. I frowned again but just did as Rick said.