/31./

TIANA

TIANA

"There." Keshia, famous hairstylist in Arizona. Also my brother's ex.

I know, my brother has been around town but I actually liked KeKe. They were perfect unlike that Monica. He's with her for personal reasons.

His words not mine.

KeKe had good vibes.

I went back to reality and looked in the mirror at my hair. Yeah, I cut it for reassurance. I like it.

"Thanks, KeKe." I say while handing over the mirror.

"Your welcome, Tia. It's good to have you back. How long are you staying in Phoenix?" She questioned, setting her other supplies down.

"I don't know but it will be awhile." I shrugged.

"Why?" She asked curiously.

"I'm just not ready for college and I couldn't face my parents yet." I lied.

I didn't want to bring other people into my life that could possibly get hurt. Troy knew everything. I told him about Carter and I told him about our missing parents.

He told me was going to handle Carter if he was to find me again. He said he won't let him get close to me. And I was happy.

As for our parents, he said don't worry about it, that he'll do whatever it takes to find them.

I was just taking a break from all the drama that's happened. I blame myself. If I hadn't been so nosy and confront Carter, I wouldn't be in this situation right now. But I wouldn't know about my parents. It was a coincidence or they were in some deep shît.

"That's understandable. When Troy and I was together, he would always say how your parents would criticize him. Say he wasn't good at nothing and how he was a disappointment. That's horrible to live like that."

I sighed. It was true. Our parents did have their expectations and if we didn't meet them, they said hurtful words. Their words would abuse us emotionally, mentally, and religiously.

But Troy got it worse than me.

He would fight back and not back down. He was never scared. Of anything.

"It was. Can we change the subject. It's getting depressing." I joked.

She gave a small laugh before speaking. "You hear about tonight?"