/81./

TIANA

I settled on the hotel bed of the luxury, staring over the rooms design.

Carter was in the shower, washing all the blood he did not get off of him before we came here. He managed to get a comfortable room in short timing and here we are.

My mind was trapped on the bodies on the floor. I wasn't thinking about Carter's killing spree but the amount of men on the floor.

Were they trying to kill me?

Kill Carter?

Who sent them?

How did they find us?

More questions are roaming my mind. The shower cut off and the sound of the curtain being pulled back hit my ears.

There's also been tension since we arrived. I've seen Carter pissed but not that pissed. I'll admit, I should have kept the scarf on but...I just didn't.

A few moments later, the bathroom door opened and Carter came out in only sweatpants. Stem following out the bathroom behind him.

A frown formed on my lips when I noticed the bandage on his left muscular shoulder blade.

I stood up from my spot on the bed and walked to him without thinking. "Were you shot?" Concern is following in my tone as I went to touch around the bandage but I forcefully stopped myself, resting my hands at my sides.

"Grazed." He said simply, irritation in his tone.

He walked around me, moving towards the desk in the room and opened the the laptop. I stood there just staring at him. No doubt he was still upset or angered or whatever he is but, he doesn't have to pull away from me.

So what if I took the scarf off. I wanted to know how much men were actually here and they were all over the kitchen and dining room. I couldn't see many with all the cameras but I saw clearly.

What Carter did had not made me change the way I feel about him. He protects me and he shows me love. I'm not scared of Carter, I was a bit taken back yes but I was far from scared.

"Are you mad at me, Carter?" I finally spoke up, my eyes on him, watching him.

He exhaled a long, exhausting breath. "No." He mutters, not bothering to spare a glance my way.

"Lying, Bastard." I mumbled and that got him to look up at me.

He glared at me for a long while, not saying a word to me. Then, he took his eyes from me and glared at the screen. I waited a few minutes and we he still didn't mutter at least a sound, I walked into the bathroom and leaving him alone.

I locked the door behind me and began to strip out of my clothes. I pushed everything out my mind, including Carter's mood and started the shower. I washed my body and my hair. I stood in there a little longer, my muscles relaxing under the hot water.

I got out after cutting the water off, wrapping a towel around my body. I put my wet hair up into a top blob and patted my body dry. I placed the damped towel to the side and grabbed at the white plush robe that hugged on the door. I slipped it on and sighed at the soft feeling on my body.

I took my out the bun, my hair cascading down my back. I looked on the sink and saw a pair of scissors.

I grabbed it and looked at my hair in the mirror. Time for change was all I was thinking at the moment. I cut my hair just at my shoulder and cut the strands to match. Goodbye long hair with split ends.

After I finished, I cleaned up the hair and washed off the sink, I ran my fingers through my hair and settled for a low side ponytail.

I had no product to slick my edges as slick as possible. I used what was here and did it. It was time for my hair to be washed.