01 | The University Of Howard

I pulled up into the empty car parking space in my Lexus

I pulled up into the empty car parking space in my Lexus. A birthday gift that was given to me and congrats for getting accepted into Howard.

After graduating high school, my father insisted I take a year break to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. But I didn't want to. I wanted to jump right in and get the schooling over with.

I was building a life for myself outside of San Francisco. My home of twenty years. I was happy to get away at the time. Now, I am entering my senior year at Howard University and I am proud to say that I've made one great accomplishment.

My eyes scan the many people that commented amongst each other while holding onto their bookbags. Probably talking about the same thing over and over again. I wished I could be like them. To just talk to someone like it came so easy.

Truth be told, it wasn't. Making friends was not as easy as some people and the internet made it seem to be.

I always had this fear of rejection. Rejected because of how I am or what I looked like. I hated being known as the goody church girl my parents raised me to be but little did they know that I've done some things that would make them angry.

I was to remain as pure as a virgin.

I wasn't.

Well, I was a virgin and a proud one at that but I was not innocent. I've done some things that they claim are signs of evil but I found that the things I've done are minimal compared to what they do secretly.

Being born into a society that you are bound to be is not fun. That was me.

There are certain groups for what you call us. Being a part of a luxurious family, an aristocracy wasn't fun. It came with benefits which is how I am here in Howard in the first place. My parents had connections and they aren't all as legal as they should be.

Expensive. Wealth. Power. Acknowledgment.

My father was part of a social group that was unheard of to people that it had no concern about. It was all about blood families and the fact that I am one of the offsprings of the great KING makes me involved.

I can still remember the day my father sat down with my brother, Troy, and I to go over what is soon to be expected of us once we hit a certain age. I had it easier than Troy. This life came with steps and it was all about ADMPW to prove to not only your family but to protect oneself from outside threats.

Acknowledgment.

Domination.

Murderous.

Power.

Wealth.

We're one of the many Clandestine Family Organizations. You have your demanding kings, obedient queens, princes become their successors and offer princesses as brides.