/34./

TIANA8:30 p

TIANA
8:30 p.m.

It was Friday and I was excited. I did happen to see Xavier before tonight. He told me we were going to some restaurant not to far from where I work and after, we're going to his race and I did not mind.

KeKe had helped me with my new look and my clothes^. I look good and I was glad.

"You look delicious, girl!" KeKe smiled as she looked at me.

I smiled. "Thank you." I then looked at myself in the mirror one last time before walking away to grab my side bag.

I had gotten a new phone and I was working on getting me a car. Troy offered but I did not accept. There was still strong tension between us after our last argument.

I don't care what he says. He can't know for certain that our parents are gone unless he knew something I didn't. It was fifty/fifty. I had faith and I hope it was strong.

A firm knock was heard on my guest room before it opened, revealing Troy.

I sighed, not really in the mood to talk to him. I didn't want another argument.

"Keisha." He said, motioning that he wanted us alone. After a moment, we were alone.

"I'll just give it to you straight, baby sis," he paused for a moment. "I don't want you to go out with Xavier. He's not a good guy."

I frowned. Here goes. "Why? Your not exactly a good guy either."

He sighed. "Which is why I'm telling you not to go."

I shook my head in disbelief. Why was he trying to ruin this for me. "Why can't you leave me be, Troy? You just don't want to see me happy. I've been through a lot and you want to keep pushing me back."

He glared at me. "That's not true, Tia. I do want you happy. You just have to trust me."

I scoffed. To my luck I heard a car horn. I sighed. "I'll see you at the race."

I walked past him and out the door. I honestly was having second thoughts of coming here but I had no choice. It was him or Carter.

I walked out the house and spotted Xavier's black charger. I walked over and got in.

"Hello beautiful." He said causing me to smile.

"Hey." I buckled my seat belt and we were almost on our way out until my brother shouted for us to stop.

Xavier rolled down the window on my side and Troy walked up with a glare. His hand rested on the door of my side and leaning down, glaring at Xavier.

"You take care of her man. If I see a scratch on her, I'll murder you." He warned.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"Alright." Xavier replied back simply.

Then we were off.
****