/28./

CARTER

CARTER

I pulled the drawer open and grabbed her phone before closing it again. I gazed at her she looked so eager.

If she knew.

I handed over her phone and she took it without hesitation. Her lips were holding back that smile.

"So eager, babe."

She looked at me and a smirk formed on her face. "I am, Boss man."

I bit my lip, holding back my laugh. This girl. After a moment, I got myself back to business.

"My buddy Rick will drive you home. Take care of yourself."

She eyed me for a moment. "No tricks?"

I held my hands up. "Not at all, babe."

Then a smile appeared on her face. "Well, I don't know if I should thank you or...?"

I snorted. "Call it being generous."

She gave a nod and without another word, she said bye and walked out my office with Rick behind her. I tapped my fingers on my desk in silence.

"Jim." I called to one of the guards that stood outside my office. He entered with respect.

"Boss man?" He stepped forward from the entrance door.

"Follow her. Make sure she doesn't see you. When she gets to that house make sure you switch cars frequently. When she leaves that house, you leave and stay on her." I said.

He looked questionable about my orders and he had a confused look soon formed.

"What is it?" I questioned.

If I wasn't in the mood, I wouldn't have taken his concerns for my orders.

"Not that it's none of my business, Boss man, but-" he paused unsure if to continue.

"Go head, Jim." I sighed in irritation.

"You said your letting her go."

"Not that it is your business but I told her what she wanted to hear and that's all you need to know. Can you do the job or do I have to find someone else?"

He straightened. "No, sir." He said and was still standing there.

"Why are you still here?"