/3./

"T, what are you doing?" Danielle asked as she tried to stop her laughter.

"I'm taking pics," Tiana responded as she made another face in the camera. Danielle chuckled as she slid her shoes on. Another day at Howard University and it was going to be tiring. Tiana walked away from the mirror and set her phone down. She walked over to her morning bag and threw it over her shoulder.

"So, there's a party later on tonight and I wondered if you were going?"

Tiana shrugged as she grabbed her face rag and towel. "I don't know.."

"At least try to go. I'll even do your hair. It needs some type of color."

Tiana immediately shook her head. "I don't mess around with the chemicals."

"It's a temporary hair color. It washes out. I was thinking a light ombré would look good on you."

Tiana smirked. "Who said I would go?"

Danielle placed her hands on her hips. "Let's be real, friend, you need to have fun. Just try this party out. Just one and if you don't like it, you don't have to come to any more parties with me."

"Alright"

Danielle smiled. "Great. Now if you excuse me, I have to see my baby."

Tiana chuckled. "Be holy, Dani."

Danielle looked at Tiana and shook her head. "We are going to be sinning." She laughed as she rolled her hips before walking out the door.

****

Tiana walked towards the girl's community bathroom. She felt her phone vibrate and just as she looked down, she bumped into a hard object-well body. She almost fell back but a strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist, catching her from her fall. Tiana took the opportunity to look up and she instantly felt her nerves move rapidly.

Carter Mason,

She immediately pulled away when she noticed his bare tatted chest was on display. She felt her cheeks heat up when she also took note he only had a towel wrapped around his waist. His nipple piercings caught her attention as well when they sparkled in the light. He was so different.

"I apologize. I wasn't paying attention." She muttered quickly before she walked around; not getting far when a hand clutched her arm.

Tiana felt the tingles in her nerves. She forced herself to meet his eyes. Eyes so cold, she was fearing him. Fearing a man that had so many sins bottled up.

"What's your name?" His voice was so nice and deep. He had an accent.

"T-Tiana." She stuttered, afraid of what was to come next.

He took a good look at her and his lips twitched at the sight of her physically shaking hands. He allowed himself to look at her body. What a nice figure. He looked over her and took a good look at her bottom.

Tiana was flushed. She turned and got out of his grip. She looked down the halls and seen no one. Of course not, if everyone is half-sleep at 4 in the morning.

She became aware when he all of a sudden backed her into a wall, pinning her between his arms.

"W-What are you doing?" She questioned. He leaned closer to her, he was all in her face. Tiana swallowed hard as she felt her hands shake.

"What were you doing outside last night?"

She stood silent. She found no need to explain anything to him. Oh, how she prayed god will save her. She thought he would just leave her alone due to her silence but jumped when he clutched her arms in a tight grip, forcing her up the wall.

"I won't ask again." He growled out, dangerously low.

"I don't have to answer you. I didn't see anything." Tiana responded abruptly.

He glared at her. His nose did a twitch causing his nose ring to move. He let go of her but stayed in front of her. She turned to move only to get pushed back on the wall.

"I can see you are going to be a difficult one." He said.

Tiana frowned. "What are you talking about?"

A small smirk formed on his lips as he kept a good distance between them. "Means you are going to be a piece of work."

And before she could say anything he walked down the hall. She wiped her forehead from sweat and walked into the girl's bathroom. She looked in the mirror and took in a breath. She felt numb.

Piece of work?

What did he actually mean by that?