/32./

Few days laterTIANA

Few days later
TIANA

It's been a few days now and I was now settling in. I was getting use to living here with my brother and his girlfriend and it's not so bad. Had my friend KeKe with me and she got me hooked up on a job.

I am a waiter at Matt's Big Breakfast. I work eight hours, Monday through Friday. I don't work weekends. I hate working on weekends.

Saturday was my free day and Sunday is my spiritual day. I'm currently looking for a church to settle in.

Troy had told me he went to the police about our parents and told me that I would not have to write a statement on what I've seen and that was questionable to me.

I knew my brother was a bit on edge ever since that night. I just been cautious of his actions.

Speaking of the two, my brother and Xavier entered the diner as I set the meal for two down for the waiting couple.

I walked over to my brother and when he caught me, he smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"I see your doing good here." He says and with that, I spoke.

"I am. And you?" I answered then followed by a question.

"Good. I just wanted to check on you. You got a spare minute to talk?" He questioned.

I turned my head to the front diner and look at the clock. Lucky me, I was about leave in fifteen.

"How about in fifteen minutes? I could catch a ride with you back to the house."

He agreed and I went and finished my shift. In fifteen minutes, I said goodnight to everyone and a see you on Monday before walking out with Troy. Troy and I sat in the car alone while Xavier was on the phone outside the car.

"So, what's up?"

"Before you came to me, you said our parents house was a blood mess."

I suddenly felt an uneasy feeling. I nod my head. "Yes. Why?" I did not understand why he's bringing this up again. I told him about everything that happened. Everything from my abduction to me escaping Carter.

"Who took you Tia?"

That's when it hit me that I did not tell Troy about Carter's name. I just said a guy named Boss man. Why I did not tell him Carter's name? Turns out I didn't want to tell him. It was just something in my gut telling me not too and I listened.

"To our parents house?" I asked.

He gave me a nod. "His name was Rick. He's just a driver." I half told him the truth.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes. He sighed before nodding his head.

"Alright. But I wanted to talk to you about the possibility of mom and dad not being alive."