/94./

CAMILLE

CAMILLE

I exited off the plane and made it to my assigned car. Curt go in beside me and everyone else was silent. I couldn't help but let my mind go to Ace. He wanted to help.

Why?

I exhaled a breath and stared out of the window, watching the passing scenery. Running my fingers through my hair as this took a bit of a toll on me.

I was trying not to think about it but I was. Did my father do something to him? Is he doing this for a serious reason? Perhaps someone, right?

About an hour later, we pulled up into the front of my brother's estate. I got out and grabbed the little luggage I had and walked up the stoned stairs. The guards open the door and I was met with a smiling Brian.

"Miss Camille." He took my bags and I smiled.

"Thanks. Where's my brother?" I asked.

"He just went to his office."

"Perfect. Thank you."

We parted and I made my way in the direction of Carter's office. Once there, I took notice that the guards weren't there. Hmph strange. I made it to the door and I went to knock but paused when I heard laughter.

"Stop. I'm going to punch you!"

That sounded like Tiana and she sounded a bit annoyed. I heard Carter chuckling on the other side.

I shook my head and knocked on the door. It went quiet for a moment and the door suddenly opens. Tiana's face lift up and she pulled me into a hug.

"Glad your back safely." She smiled and I returned one.

"Me too." I said, pulling back, looking between her and my brother. "Is everything alright?"

"All I have to say is don't be surprise if Carter comes up missing." Tiana turned, glaring at him.

He laughed, tossing his head back as he moved in the chair.

He must have done something real serious to make her upset. Or it's her hormones.

"Well, I hope I can dismiss whatever problem because I have little to none information." I said, firmness in my tone.

Carter day completely up in his chair, his cheerful expression changing to something more serious. Tiana noticed and pulled me inside, closing the door behind me.

"What happen?" Carter questioned.

I sighed. "He claims he wanted to see me. So, he bought me a dress and I was given an address to a fancy gala. We danced and he talked about simple things until I got annoyed. He then told me his reason for actually calling. He wants to help."

Tiana frowns. "Help? Take down Cartron?"

I nod. "Also," I looked to Carter. "Reina paid him a visit. He's given her safe passage which is why you couldn't find her either."