/70./

CARTER

CARTER

"Bossman?" I looked to Rick with a raised brow for a moment before looking bald at the road. He looked unsure to continue whatever he was going to say but he asked. "Are you sure you want to do this? Queen will be sad. Possibly heartbroken."

I sighed. I know she will be. She might even hate me. But I'm doing what I think is best for her.

"She might be but until I handle Cartron and the bullshît that follows. I'll make it up to her."

Rick sighed. He opened his mouth but then closed it making me wonder. "You may speak freely." I told him while keeping my attention on the road.

"How long will you be gone? She will ask."

"I don't know." I said honestly.

I don't know how long it will take but I need to finish this shît once and for all. Driving, I pulled up to the destination. Another safe house were no one would find her. I hate that I can't tell her but this was not the time for her to be stressing over anything. I just want her safe. I pulled into the driveway and cut the car off. I handed Rick the key to open the door before getting out. I opened the back door, revealing a sleeping Tiana laying on the seat and Eva on the other side.

"Get the bags, Eva." I told her while grabbing Tiana. I lift her up in my arms and walk her into the house. Once in the bedroom, I laid her down gently on the bed. She stirred a little, murmuring something inaudible.

I sighed as I looked down at her. I ran my fingers over her face. She looked calm and peaceful. I bit my lip in frustration before leaning down and kissing her forehead, her cheek, and one kiss on her plump lips.

Don't know how long it be until I feel them again.

I gave one last look before walking out the room, closing the door behind me. I walked downstairs and saw Rick and Eva placing the duffle bags down.