/33./

TIANA

I tied my shoes then stood to my feet and placed my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed my water bottle then headed out of the guest room I was staying in.

I stopped walking when I heard voices in the kitchen. It was Monica talking to Troy.

"Baby, take it easy on her. She's been through a lot and she doesn't know what you do outside of racing." Monica said and my brows crashed together.

I heard him sigh. "She's naive, Monica. She still thinks our parents are alive. Don't know why she cares so much for them. The bastards deserve everything that came their way."

I almost went in the kitchen but I stopped myself. How could he say that? It really making me think he had something to do with it but I don't believe he'd do something like that. Especially to our parents. Could he?

"Well, let her ease into this life. Soon she'll be by your side helping you with the business."

Business?

"I know. I just want the best life for her." He said and I felt that tug on my heart.

I decided to make my presence known. Their conversation ceased as I made my way to the fridge. I opened the fridge and grabbed my chocolate bar. The one thing that makes me feel better.

"Good morning." Troy said while I closed the fridge.

I did not reply. Why would I after what he said yesterday. I wanted to ask questions about this business he runs but I learned my lesson from being to curious a while ago.

Won't make that mistake again.

I walked out the kitchen and straight to the front door. I unlocked it and opened it. Before I could fully open the door, it was pushed closed back.

I sighed in frustration. I turned and faced Troy that held a apologetic look. "I'm sorry." He says.

I gave him a nod then went to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't leave, Tia. I'm really sorry. I know you've been through a lot and it was wrong for me to tell you not to get your hopes up but you have to face the what ifs."

I moved out of his hold. "I know that, Troy but you don't have to be harsh about it. You know me, I always have faith and I'm telling you I have faith that our parents are alive."

He sighed. "My god, Tiana. Why do you believe their still alive. Blood was in the house and their bodies were gone."

"Why do you not care?!" I questioned irritatedly.

"Because their not my parents. Their yours. I don't claim them. There's so much you don't know about them, Tiana and your constantly defending them."

My frowned deepen as I listened to what he said.

"What's the reason, huh?"

He glared at me as if struggling to tell me. It look like he was having trouble to tell me the reason.

"Okay, then. Stop trying to push me, Troy."

I went to open the door and I was thankful he did not stop me. I slammed the door close behind me and went for my run.

****
Later the night

I found myself at the diner where all the racers are. I was with KeKe, sitting at a booth just having conversation. It was soon interrupted by another.

"Hello beautiful ladies." Xavier's familiar voice filled my ears.

"Hello Xavier." KeKe sent him a polite smile and I did the same.