/42./

TIANA

TIANA

"You should eat." I heard Carter say from across the table. We were sitting in a booth.

I was far from being hungry. Especially after everything that went down at the warehouse a few hours ago.

FEW HOURS LATER

Carter dragged me out the warehouse and shoved in the back seat of his car. He slammed it shut and I saw Brian running out the warehouse shooting at some unknown men behind him.

A few more of Carter's men came rushing out towards the SUVs. I heard the door on the other side open followed by the driver door. Carter got in the back and he slammed the door shut not saying a word.

He ordered Brian to drive and Brian did so without hesitation.

Silence filled the entire car as the gunshots grew more faint.

NOW

"I'm not hungry." I sighed, looking out the restaurant window at the by passing cars. It was dark and cloudy. Rain was close.

He didn't say nothing. He just continued to eat his food. I let my thoughts corrupt me.

My brother, Troy King, killed our parents. I am still in shock. But I shouldn't be. I might be naive or not want to believe in what's actually true but I'm not stupid. I try to hide my pain with my nonbeliever mind. It's just hard.

And the crazy thing is, all this crazy shît has happened within a month.

I am tired of being a fvcking puppet in this game.

Everyone keeping secrets from me to protect me. I didn't need anyone's protection.

I know for a fact Troy escaped from the warehouse. He was plotting. I knew it. He's always played his cards with one hand and it gets him far.

If I sat back in whatever war between Troy and Carter, I will most likely end up hurt. Or worse.

I was going to get myself out of this. Even if I have to do something dramatic. Probably drastic.

"Ma'am?" I heard the waitress say, breaking me from my train of thoughts.

I turned to give her my attention. "Yes?"

"Would you like a to go box?"

"No-"

"Yes." Carter spoke up, his warning eyes on me.