/1./

2400 Sixth St NW, Washington, DC 20059
Howard University.

The silver on a 2017 Lexus, reflected off another car as Tiana Marie King pulled into the empty parking space

The silver on a 2017 Lexus, reflected off another car as Tiana Marie King pulled into the empty parking space. Her eyes scanned the many people associating with others as well as they dragged their bags. Tiana felt herself get anxiety by just the amount. She was not really a people's person. She was antisocial because she had a low lack of trust and because she wants to keep to her own.

That was just Tiana.

Blowing out a breath, Tiana turned the car off and took the keys out before grabbing her purse and papers. Her eyes went to the strangers again.

"You got this, Tiana." She whispered to herself before getting out of her car and closing the door.

Her legs moved at a nice pace as she made her way to the entrance. It will go nice. Her classes start tomorrow and her tour on campus was today. All she wanted to know was who she was sharing a dorm with.

Whoever they are, she hoped they were not messy. She could not share a room with someone who lives in a mess. No, Tiana was not OCD. She just liked things neat.

Finally making it to the office she was lead to where the other freshmen were. All seated oh the red couch cushions and some of the big black bing bags. Taking in all the red and black colors of the room followed by some black and white pictures hanging on the wall near the double doors.

She found an empty seat of a booth and she made her way to it. Just as she took a seat, her phone flashed multiple times as her phone went off.

Pulling her phone out her pocket, she saw The pastor's wife aka her mother's name on the screen. This was the fifth time of today and Tiana just wished she calmed down. A worried parent she is grateful for but when they try to overdue the calls then that's when it becomes a problem.

She sighed and pressed the green icon before holding the phone to her ear.

"Hi, mom," Tiana spoke lowly.

"Oh, my baby. I know this is my fifth time calling you but I just want to make sure you're safe. Your father-knows that your safe and I love you." Smiling, hearing her father's voice interrupted her mom.

"I love you too, Dad." Tiana replied.

"Any church homes, Tiana? Even though you're far from home, I want you to still remain in the house of God."

She closed her eyes. "I am, mom."

"Alright because after you graduate, you are next in line as a First Lady."