/66./

TIANA

"Your up early, Queen." Eva's voice fills my ears as I finish scrambling eggs and cutting off the stove when I was done.

"Goodmorning, Eva." I smiled.

Eva's confused face still looked at me but she replied. "Goodmorning, Queen. May I ask why're you doing my job."

"I-I...." I sighed. "I'm making Carter breakfast. I thought something I never should have and I'm making it up to him."

She raised a brow. "Oh. I won't pry nor get in the way of what your doing then." She smiled and turned to leave but I called out to her again.

"Yes, Queen?"

"Where is Camille? I went to check in her room but she wasn't there."

"Boss man sent her away." She answered with her head down.

"Why?" I asked with a frown.

"Because of what happen with your kidnapping. Boss man said he's had enough of her poor choices and sent her to stay with her future husband."

My frown deepened. "Future husband?"

"That's all I know, Queen."

I nod. "Thank you." I made a mental note to talk to Carter about that but first, I need to get us back on the right path.

She left out the kitchen and left me to fix his plate. Pancakes, eggs, and sausage. I added syrup with a small square of butter. I assorted everything in a neat way before going to the fridge and pouring a glass full of orange juice. I placed the hot food and glass on the island.

To my luck, Carter walked in with his hood on. He gave me a small glance before looking towards the island table.

Here we go.

"Can we talk?" I asked him.

He sighed. "Why not." He replied before taking a seat in one of the island stools.

My hands shook nervously as I made my way over to him. I took a seat across from and his intense eyes looked at me. I looked away to the plate of food.

"I-I made you breakfast." I said in hope he would take it.

Surprisingly, he did. He reached for it, sliding the plate in front of him and picking up the fork. I waited for him to take a bite and he stabbed the pancake squares with the fork, bringing it to his mouth and eating it. I watched him and he stared back at me. He was waiting on me to speak.

I cleared my throat before meeting his eyes head on. "I never meant to upset you yesterday, Carter. It was a shîtty day but you have to look at things from my side."

He stopped eating, giving me his full attention. He didn't wear an upsetting look but I a firm one that told me he was listening.

"I've been lied to by so many people that I love that I thought loved me in return, that it's gotten to the point on never trusting anyone. Until you. But let's not forget about your secrets. The Riena situation for example. You should have told me before we had sex. There were feelings before that happened anyway and I should have known." I said.

He remained quiet but never looked away from me. I was thankful that he was actually listening to me.

"I trust you, Carter, but you keep your secrets locked away. The secrets that may have an effect on both of us and you keep them away from me."

I sighed before continuing. "I want a life with you, Carter. God knows I do but I can't keep going through all the bullshît if I'm not in the loop. So, I ask you now......can you tell me the connection between your family and mine? And my so called sister, Tina?"