/78./

CAMILLE

CAMILLE

Be prepared, sister.

I knew what it meant. Despite what the situation is between Carter and I, we are still siblings. We stick together no matter what.

He may have been pissed and sent me away but this was beyond this. This was my father and he was up to something.

I had to leave Colorado. But first things first, I had to put down Ace.

"Anything important?" Ace's voice broke through my thoughts.

I cut off my phone and took a second to get my words together before turning around to face him. I mustered a smile and walked to my luggage that was in the closet. I grabbed my favorite leather outfit and walked back out to head to the bathroom.

"Everything is fine." I answered on my way to the bathroom.

Once there, I closed the bathroom door and switched the locks. I dropped the cover on the wood floor and turned on the shower. I went to my messages and went to Carter's name.

Name a place. I'll be there in a few hours.

I placed my phone down and got into the shower. I was in and out and I patted myself dry. I dressed in my undergarments then my outfit. I combed out my hair then put up my towel over the shower rod. I grabbed my phone and read his delivered text.

Georgia.

Was all he said and that's all he had to. I knew exactly where he was.

I cut my phone off and slid it into my leather pockets. I unlocked the bathroom door and walked out. I stopped in my steps when I saw him in my bed, sleep.

I walked to the closet with caution and slipped on my leather boots and grabbed my jacket. I dug into my luggage and grabbed my knives and my two favorite guns. I put on my holster and put one gun in and the second one in the back of my pants.

I didn't need anything else. I walked out the closet, rounding the corner and I bumped into a hard chest.

I stepped back a bit and saw Ace staring down at me with irritation. "Where are you going?"

"To a friend's." I answered and made a move to walk around him but he grabbed my arm.

"Truth." He said angrily.

I snatched my arm out his reach and glared at him. "In truth, it's not your business."

He glared down at me, crossing his arms over his naked chest. He was still naked and sexily delicious but I was not going to let that stop me from going to my brother.