/62./

CARTER

CARTER

I zipped the last of my luggage and pulled it off the bed. I dragged the two suitcases with me towards the door. I managed to grab a flight back to the states then to Tampa.

I was pissed. But more at Camille.

I told her I didn't want her going out the house until I return. And I told her to not drag Tiana anywhere either do to certain issues.

Now that Tiana has a special meaning in my life, I didn't want to take any chances. And Camille had messed it up.

I had a feeling someone would take her and no doubt it was her dumbass of a brother.

I made sure I had everything and just as I pulled the door to my hotel room open, I am faced with my father.

Irritation conjures my face as I look at him. I took note of a man beside him. He looked to be in his late twenties early thirties. Tattooed covered the exposed parts and a pierced nose.

"Where are you going , Carter?" My father questions.

"I need to leave to catch my flight back to the states." A frown formed on his lips. He was about to speak his disagreement but I brushed past them and started towards the elevator.

"Carter!" I hear the anger in his voice but I continued walking.

I made it to the elevator and pressed the button. Less than a second, my father was next to me.

"Just listen. This is Ace Buller." My father introduces. I gave a sharp nod and stayed silent.

"I told him he was to return with you back to the states."

I frowned and turned to give a glare. "Why? Never mind, I don't care. I got enough shît going on already." I said and pressed the elevator that was taking so damn long.

He sighed. "Just introduce him to your sister. This is her husband to be."

My frown deepened. Here this bastard goes again. As mad as I am at my sister, I won't let this happen.

"Did you not hear a fvcking word I said?" I growled out.

Just then, the elevator opened. I walked in and pressed the lobby floor. My anger heightened when they got on.

"It's good for the family. I just-"

"Want more power. My sister won't be forced into something she doesn't want. She's made it very clear and clearer when she didn't come to the anniversary gathering."

He sighed. He was about to speak another word but the man, Ace Buller, spoke up for the first time.

"I don't want this either, Mr. Maso." He said.

I glared at him but let him speak his part.

"Unlike the marriage you have, all I have to do is stayed married to her for a few months. The deal between our families will be finalized and we get a divorce after. Then you won't see me again. That simple." He explained.