/8./

"Absolutely not," Danielle said before continuing on with her homework.

"Why?" Tiana questioned as she typed on her computer. She was looking for a church to settle. Her mother would not stop pressuring in the holy spirit.

"I'm not trying to be the next victim on his list. Honestly, Tiana, you should let it go before something seriously bad happens to you."

Tiana waved off her warning. "Nothing is going to happen to me. It was always my dream to be a detective." She chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Tiana, I know your new here and when I give you a warning like that, I expect you to listen to it. I lived in Massachusetts since I was a little girl. When you hear a girl or two has been murdered, you don't go digging into it. Leave it to the police or you will be digging yourself a grave." Danielle said again before gathering her books on the bed.

"I have to get to a class." She said as she walked to the door. Before leaving out the door she turned towards Tiana again.

"Whatever you decide to do with this, I hope you are careful." Without speaking another word, she left out of the room.

Tiana thought about Danielle's warnings. She thought about how she really wanted to find the killer but she would also be risking her life to do it. But Tiana has no problem doing the right thing.

She closed her computer and grabbed her car keys and phone before leaving out. She fixed her cap that was on her head before finger-combing her hair to the front.

She walked through the halls and she stopped when something caught her eye.

Double doors were open. She walked towards them and as she got closer, she saw a weight bench. She entered the room and saw a lot of weights and bars.

She hummed in interest. She remembered when she was so little, her dad would take her to the gym. God, was she excited when they went.

She found it as her second way to escape her mother's high demands of being a lady.

But it was a quick experience. She never saw her mom so mad at her dad when she randomly popped up there. She was furious and caused a scene. She remembered her words so easily.

"I will not have my daughter grow up like this. She will be a lady and learn a woman's way. I will keep out all the sinful things and bring in the right child."

Tiana sighed. From that day forth, she only was taught about being a lady. She could never have friends. Never experience a party. Never experience a change of clothes nor different hair colors. No tattoos. No other unexpected piercings.

Tiana sadly had kept to her mother's words throughout her teenage years but when she go excepted into Harvard she was shocked but was more excited. More excited to get away from her mother.

Excited to breathe.

To be honest, it was a little too late for sin. Kissing the bastard-well, him kissing her was a new experience. He'd taken her first kiss.

But that will be all he would take from her.

She walked further into the room, taking in the color and designs. She then suddenly heard grunts coming from the other side of the room.

Her curiosity got the best of her and she walked towards the noise.

She stopped in her footsteps and her eyes grew wide. She wished she didn't come in here at all.

There he was.

She bit her lip as she continued to stare at him. All she could do was think, damn!

There he was, flexing and working out.

Tiana focused on him more than she should have

Tiana focused on him more than she should have. He was so focused on what he was doing, she stared over his back.

Her eyes taking in all the black inks design. The huge skeleton face that was covering his entire back.

She was studying his body in amazement. Her virgin eyes couldn't get enough.

"Are you going to stand there gawking or come speak to me?" His rough voice filled her ears from afar.

"I-I was just leaving." She found her use of voice.

"Princess too scared to have a conversation with me?"

She stopped her retreat to the door before turning to look at him. "I'm not scared of anything. Especially you."

He chuckled as he continued lifting the weights and stare into the mirror. "Then come talk to daddy."

Tiana rolled her eyes. "I rather not."

Carter placed the weights down and grabbed the white towel to wipe his sweat. He grabbed his water bottle and took a long swig of water.

Tiana didn't know why but she was still standing there.

"I guess I'll come to you then, Princess."

Her breathing hitched in her throat as he took step after step towards her. She couldn't even stop herself from staring along his chest to his abdomen.

Damn, why!!

She felt her palms becoming moist as she stared at his sweaty chest.

He was now in front of her with a smirk on his face. "You can touch this body whenever you please." He told her.

Tiana looked up and met his eyes. An idea popped in her head. He was always messing with her so why not do the same in return.

Her hands slid up his sweaty chest as she got closer. She never broke eye contact with him. He didn't look so shocked of her actions but she didn't stop either.

"You feel nice." She complimented.

He smirked. Before she knew it, his hands slid under thighs and hauled her up to him. Tiana let out a sound of surprise as she gripped his shoulders.

"What the hell?! Put me down!"

"You wanted to play this game, babe. You start I finish."

Not even less then a second did she feel herself placed on a solid surface.

___________________

More coming soon.

What y'all think of the new covers?