/19./

READ CAREFULLY

TIANA

I had found refuge

I had found refuge. The address Amelia had given me was to an Italian bar. I had lost the men in black suits a while ago and I was now looking for a plane ticket.

I was not going back to Howard University. He would just follow me there.

I only had one option and that was to go back to the one place I wanted to get away from. My home in California, San Francisco.

Beautiful place to be but when you get that feeling that it's time to move on to something different you do it. That's me. I lived in California for eighteen years and when I got accepted into Howard, I left with hesitation.

I love the Lord. He is my savior and I had to get away from my parents pressuring into become a pastor and First Lady at the church. Never letting me experience things outside the home.

I sipped on the glass of water I ordered and placed it back on the bar. The Italian bartender walked back over to me with a smile.

"Anything else, bella?" He asked.

I was lucky when I found out he could talk english. He was my ticket out of here.

"Yes, can you tell me where the airport is?"

"The closet one is Orio al Serio International Airport."

"C-Could I see your phone?" I asked and he looked questionable about it. "Just to look it up. I won't take it." I told him.

He handed the phone to me and suddenly the sound of glass hit our ears. We turned our attention to two drunk men fighting while some watched in excitement.

I didn't even notice when the bartender left and went over to break it up until he was in my sight.

I slid out the chair and walked past the crowd with his phone in my hand. I kept my head down as I continued out the bar.

I finally made it out and just to my luck I saw some type of cab or Uber driver. I ran over to the driver and asked him if he could take me to the airport.

"I'm on break, Miss. I can not." He replied in irritation.

I thought quickly. I pulled out the bundle of money and showed him. His eyes lit up and a smile formed on his face.

"Hop in. Sorry for the messy seats, I just-"

"Stop!" I turned and looked and seen it was the bartender.