/90./

Time is speeding up. This book is coming to an end real soon. You all will be surprised though.

Three Months Later

Three Months Later.
CARTER

"Mmm, this is good." Tiana moaned as she chewed on the baked chicken.

I smiled as I looked her way and reached over and smoothed her hair back. It was growing back fast, just like her belly. She was six months pregnant and she was showing well. She was gleeful and her smile glows every time she enters the room.

There is still no word on my father and that frustrates me.

With every passing day, Tiana was nearing her due date.

And it scares me.

"Glad you are enjoying it, honey." My mother smiled as she placed a full plate in front of me.

Three months ago, my mother had decided to stay with me, scared that her playing along would soon catch up to her with my father. I didn't mind though. I was more concerned for Tiana.

But there was no issues. My mother adores her to this day and she is excited that we are adding an addition to the family.

She claims she couldn't wait to be called a grandma.

I chuckled at the thought and that caught Tiana's attention. She turned to me with a smile, a smile that brightens my mood every time I'm received one.

Her hand palmed my cheek as she stared at me with...love.

I'm blessed to have such a woman by my side. I couldn't help but lean into her hands and she caressed my cheek with her thumb.

Blocking out the conversation my mother started with Camille and the others, Tiana was focused on me and me only.

"What's wrong? You've been quiet all morning." She voiced with concern.

I turned my head, palming her hand with mine and kissed it.

"Nothing."

She didn't look convinced and before I could stop her, she made the decision of excusing us and grabbing hold of my hand, leading us to our bedroom.

Not a word was spoken and I knew she was going to ask a lot of questions and I was ready to tell her.

She opened the door to our room and walked in with me behind her. I closed the door and she made her way to the bed, sitting at the foot and patting the spot next to her. Without hesitation, I sat next to her.

"Talk to me." Her tone soft and gentle. She stared at me and concern was all over her face.

"It's a lot of shît." I exhaled a long breath.

"And we have a lot of time."

I ran my fingers through my hair as I thought. "For the first time in my life, I'm lost. Cartron is out there and I don't know where. It's been months and it frustrates me. I'm prepaid for anything but I'm trying to play it smart."