/40./

TIANA

TIANA

"Why am I here?" I asked Carter with an irritable tone.

This fool had got me up at four in the morning to bring me to the place he killed Xavier. Apparently there's a secret ring.

I won't lie. It was a bit triggering to come back here. The sight of Xavier's gorgeous face being blown. His insides staining the concrete floor. And the fact that Carter said my brother was going to experience the exact fate has made me even more pissed.

"I want you to learn how to defend yourself." He replied, overlooking my attitude.

"I can defend myself. I beat your whore's stank ass. Remember that?"

I heard him chuckle a bit before he spoke again. "Not what I mean, babe. Defend yourself from a man."

I sighed. I might know a thing or to about a man's weak and vulnerable spot but it will only get me so far.

"Sounds interesting. Will I be fighting a man to see if I improve?"

"Most likely." He says back while sitting a duffle bag on the ground.

"I remember the last time I fought a man. Didn't go to well." I said and I swore I saw his back tense up.

Reminiscing what happened in Italy. Damn bastard left a bruise on my face. I know I could have fought back but I was so shock that Carter had went straight to it. He knocked the wind out of me that day.

I heard him sigh then he turned to face me with a firm look. "If you just learn to accept then you would know that what I did happens to every new person, man or woman, in my estate. And I said I was sorry, babe."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want to accept. I never asked to be in your damn estate in the first place." I argued.

A smirk formed on his lips. "Well, it's not my fault your here, Tiana. If you would have learned to mind your fvcking business and you'd still be at Howard."

I groaned out loud in frustration because he was right. He's always fvcking right and it irritates me. Yeah, I was nosy and I got stuck in this crazy lifestyle.

"Whatever." I muttered and pushed the few loose strands of my hair back. I had it up in a ponytail and was dressed in Carter's shorts and a new clean black T-shirt of his.

"Come here." He said and I reluctantly went to him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to the punching bag that was in the middle. He let go of my hand and was behind me, placing his hands on my body and putting me in a position. His hands on my waist in a firm hold.

"Practice hitting that."

I didn't quite yet. "If I'm doing good by the end, can I practice on you? You can't hit back at all."