/49./

TIANA

TIANA

"Goodmorning, Queen." Rick and Eva said in unison when I entered the kitchen.

I could tell the two were in deep conversation before I came in here. "Goodmorning. I did not mean to interrupt your conversation." I said as I opened the fridge.

"It's alright, Queen." Eva smiled and said, "I have made you and Mr. Mason a plate and covered it with a plate covering."

I smiled back. "Thank you, Eva. And please, call me Tiana."

Rick chuckled. "There's no use, Queen. Mr. Mason prefers the entire security and workers to call you that."

I sighed. "Of course he does." I murmured while grabbing the covered breakfast and walking to sit with them. Not wasting a second, I dig into the delicious meal.

I got to know a little bit more about Eva and Rick. Ricks is a driver but third in command for Carter. Eva has been working for Carter since her mother has worked with his family. Rick left because he had to get Carter's sister from the airport and it just left Eva and I.

"He's lucky you know." Eva said randomly and causing me to become confused.

"What do you mean?"

She chuckled. "Boss man likes you."

"I like him too." I admit.

"No, like....he likes you like you."

I paused on my eating. Carter Mason, crazy killer likes me in such a way. I knew he cared about me but like me like me is a different story.

"I don't know." I replied unsure.

"I shouldn't say this but Boss man has been through a lot. I know you might think him to be some crazy cold hearted killer but believe me when I say that he was not always like that."

I placed my fork down and gave her my full attention. "What happen?"

She sighed. "I can't tell you that because he wants you to know as much as he wants you to know."

I sighed in disappointment. I knew Carter wouldn't tell me because he is a closed off person.

"But I can see it in his eyes, Queen. I can see it in yours. I don't understand why fight the urge to have each other. Despite of what I heard on how you two met, everything changed between you two. I'm saying, take a risk. Don't think. Just feel." Eva said before getting up and leaving me there to finish my breakfast in peace.