/30./

TIANA

TIANA

I drove five hours to Santa Monica. I made a few pit stops for gas and some food. Then about an hour into the drive, I stopped and switched the license plates on a jaguar. About another two hours I had found a place to get hair equipment and scissors. I cut my hair and dyed it jet black.

I was thinking about a red but I didn't want all that change. The blonde was enough.

I was not stopping unless I needed to. I was a bit tired but I didn't want to chance it. Carter's men could somehow pop up on me.

I didn't want to risk it. I still didn't feel far away.

I have another five hour drive from Santa Monica to Phoenix.

About an hour or two away from my brother I might stop and get a room and sleep for a few minutes. But until then, I was remaining on the road.

I thought about getting a burner phone but I didn't want that either. Breaking my old phone was nothing. I didn't have much in there that needed to be kept.

My plan when I get to Phoenix is talk to my brother and tell him what I've been through. I don't even know if I'll be able to go back to college. Might have to start over next year and I hate that I might have to.

I'm also worried about my parents. Bloody kitchen and messy room. No one was there. It didn't make any sense. It made me question a lot of things. Like, did they piss some mobster off? Or did they owe someone money? Or what if it was because of me?

That last one stuck. What if it is because of me? Every chance I get to run from Carter, I get punished when he catches me. Him slapping or whooping my ass. Always leaving hand prints on my ass. It sometimes hurt to sit.

But I'm making sure he doesn't find me this time.

I think I might need to find a job. Make some money for myself. Probably work at a diner or something. But I knew as soon as I tell Troy I'll go job hunting, he'll offer on me racing.

Want to know how I drive like a maniac? Breaking into cars was not the only thing he taught me.

My brother was in the UIROT. Underground Illegal Race Or Trade.

I didn't like the idea of my brother racing back then. Worried he'd get hurt or go to prison. And he did some time when he got caught on a bad night.

Anyway, he told me he was like some king pin in racing in Phoenix back when we were in contact.

Mobsters, gangs, and more be settled there. The bet on the winners or the losers. Sometimes even seal their fates with voting.

Crazy.

But I had my share of a crazy experience.

I met my brother's gang when I was up there visiting one day. They were nice and chill but his girlfriend was another level. I wouldn't say I don't like her but I keep my distance.