/84./

CARTER

CARTER

Tiana's hold on my hand was tight as we grew closer to entrance of the hospital.

She was going to have her first ultrasound.

She was excited. I was too but nervous as shît. I'm still processing the fact I'm going to be someone's dad. I do not have one for a role model but I know Tiana will be there to help me figure the shît out.

We're in the same boat. We have shitty parents, well, not my mother who I still need to talk to.

My eyes roam our surroundings as we walked up to the desk. She signed herself in and gave them a slip of paper. The woman took the paper and typed away on her computer. I took notice she would look at me then at Tiana.

I tell you it irritated the fvck out of me. When our eyes met for a brief moment, she smiled.

"Hello?!" Tiana snapped, getting her attention.

The female doctor signing her in looked her way with annoyance. "You are in the system, Miss. The doctor will call you." She grabbed a clip board with another sheet she had to fill out. "In the mean time, fill this out."

Tiana snatched the clipboard from her, glaring at her. She opened her mouth to say something but I placed my hands on her waist and lead her to the waiting area.

"Why'd you do that? I was about to smack her disrespectful ass." She grumbles, not caring who heard her.

"Ignore her. Don't let her bring you down. We're here to see our baby." I tried to calm her down as we took a seat in the two empty chairs in the center.

She sighed. "You're right." Even though she didn't like it, she accepted it.

It was going to be alright because I was going to have some words with that bîtch. No one and I mean no one disrespects my baby.

 No one and I mean no one disrespects my baby

TIANA

I finally finished filling out the sheet and Carter offered to take it to the desk. I let him and pulled out my phone while waiting.