/83./

CAMILLE

CAMILLE

I've been sitting here at the cafe for just two minutes and my palms were sweating.

I was in Georgia and I called my brother, hoping we could speak in public. I know he gave me the hotel room number and all but, I just didn't want to cause any problems. Or get followed.

About ten minutes of waiting, a black SUV pulled up next to the bike I borrowed from Ace.

I took in a breath when I watched Carter get out the car. He had on a hood with shades as he made it to where I was sitting outside the shop. He pulled out the empty chair and took a seat.

I looked down at my half eaten donut. I was nervous and a bit scared. The way we left off was not to pleasant.

"Camille."

He says my name in a calm tone. I looked up under my lashes and tried to hold it together.

"Father is up to something. He's coming after everyone I care for. I informed mom but she is already taken care of given I payed her cruise vacation. Tiana is......" he pauses.

I swallowed hard. This was how he wanted to start out the conversation. I shook my head, a bit hurt. He just doesn't want acknowledge what he did.

"I think we should take down dear old daddy." I spoke up. "I want to know something first before we continue this conversation."

He gave me a wry look but he nods for me to continue.

"When you sent me to live with a complete stranger, introducing us for dad's wishes, I was hurt. I made a mistake, I can admit that but you could have handled it in a different way instead of sending me off to live with a selfish bastard. Did you know that the extension of the deal when we get married, I have no escape goat? Daddy will be making a lot of money off this marriage and Ace, the stranger, was looking forward to have me in the future but not as his wife of course."

Carter frowns. His lips moved to speak but I held up my hand, telling him to wait and that I was far from done.

"I gave what Ace wanted and that was a sample of me. I won't explain further because it's irrelevant to the current situation. I want you to know that while I was away over the two months, I've opened my eyes more clear. I'm done living under a shadow and I'm sick of depending on people who only sees me as a fvcking object." I finished.

I became irritated when I saw Carter's lips twitch. I could tell he was amused under his shades.

"You think this is funny?" I glared at him.

He took off his shades slowly and met my eyes. "You're right. I could have handled sending you away differently. Just know your not the only one I sent away or hurt that I did what I did because it was best for you. Sure, it might make you dislike me, hêll even hate me. But I do the things I do for a reason." Amusement gone, serious now.