/2./

Few days into the first week of Howard

The bell went off, letting everyone know that Business class was over. Tiana gathered her notes and her long satchel. She pushed her long curly dark brown hair back over her shoulder. Her twist out turned out magnificent. She may love the heat to her hair but she also loved her naturally curly hair. Tiana was a girl who would switch but she maintained her curly hair more than putting heat on it.

She walked out of the classroom, into the hall of other students. She hated it when they stopped in front of her to talk to a close friend of some sort and it irritated her. This was high school all over again. She wanted to beat the crowd so she wouldn't waste minutes finding a way out.

As she passed more people, she couldn't help that her eyes trailed over to the mysterious senior named Carter Mason.

His attire was all black and his face was just bland. He always frowned and that's what causes Tiana interest. Feeling a sudden tap on her shoulder,  breaking her from her thoughts, she turned to be faced with her roommate.

"You hear about the party tonight?" Danielle asked her as they made their way to their dorm.

Shaking her head, Tiana asked. "What party?"

Danielle shook her head in disagreement with her lack of social media. "It's all over Howard's IG page. Seniors are throwing a party at a frat house down the street from the campus."

"I don't know if I'll go to that...." Tiana mumbled.

"Why? It will give you the opportunity to meet new people."

Tian exhaled a breath. Her mother didn't want her around that devil music as she says. Tiana remembered she couldn't even go to homecoming or even prom. All because of that.

"I'm fine, I will just study." Danielle looked at her for a second before speaking. "I guess we can help each other with homework."

"No, Danielle. Go to the party and have fun. Don't go because I'm not going."

Danielle smiled. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'll be fine."

Hopefully enjoying my homework.

****

The only light that was viable to Tiana was the few land post on the campus

The only light that was viable to Tiana was the few land post on the campus. She needed some fresh air and a break from that essay that was due tomorrow.

She hugged her black jacket close to her body as she felt the fall wind blow upon her, blowing her curls across her face.

She turned her head when she heard voices around the corner. Two guys talking to one another. She frowned when one of them turned his head and he became noticeable.

Carter Mason?

She couldn't understand why she felt so interested in the man but she was. He looked so dark and mysterious. She could see his hood was over his head and the sleeves of the jacket were rolled up to his elbows. His arm tats showing.

All of a sudden he turned his head and their eyes met. Tiana saw his hard face. He had no emotions. Not even a blink. It felt like forever they have been staring. Tiana tensed up. She was the first to turn away. She stood to her feet and made her back into the school.

***

Carter stared after her as she walked back towards the entrance of the building. It was something about her that made his skin crawl.

He turned back to Frank, one of his regular clients, who waited on him to finish the process. Carter reached in his pocket and pulled out the small bag of a white substance.

"Don't come back here, Frank. I mean it this time." Carter warned him.

"T-T-Thank y-you, Carter." The young man stuttered in appreciation before walking off into the dark.

Carter pulled out a cigarette and a lighter as he leaned up against the wall. He put the half-used cigarette in his mouth and placed the lighter as well as his hand and lit the cigarette. he slid the light in his pocket and inhaled the cigarette. He exhaled and a lot of smoke flew out his hand.

He looked over to the west building Tiana had gone in and he thought. He frowned when he saw her watching him handling business. He hated it when people were in his business. It did something to him. Something that will take him to a dark place.

He blew out another puff of smoke as he let his thoughts continue on.

Giggles were heard which made him look to his right. He watched a young girl stumble to the wall and leaned on to it. She was a drunk female which was not hard to tell.

A smirk formed on Carter's face as he looked closer at the young girl.

He blew out another puff of smoke before putting out the cigarette. He walked over to the girl. Her dress was fixed on her messy.  Her hair was all over the place and her make up was smeared.

"You need help miss?"

The young girl looked up and a smile grew upon her face. "Aren't you a fine specimen." She slurred. Her body language could be read loud and clear.

He mentally hummed. "I do need help, sir."

Carter pulled out the pocket knife as he grabbed hold of her and made her walk...far from the school.

"This is not the way." she giggled loudly.

"Oh, I know," he said simply.

Her slurred words and giggles continued as he took her far to an excluded area. She thought he was spontaneous about having sex in a dark alley but she had no idea what her fate will be in a matter of minutes.