/99./

CAMILLE

I stood quietly as I watched Carter help Tiana in the wheel chair and the baby wrapped into clean warm blankets while wheeling her out of the hospital room.

Relief was evident on Carter's face. He couldn't wait to get Tiana out of here because of our Dad.

Our dad. The murder of Ace. My Ace.

Tears brimmed my eyes once again when I remembered the call I received a day ago about Ace.

I was sitting in the waiting room and I had just gotten off my call with Ace when after a few moments did my father called and claimed he killed Ace. The sound of his screams in pain as I heard my father shoot and everything went silent.

My heart ached when he ended the call and I went in search of my brother. I hate myself for not telling him how I really feel and how I will never get the chance. Despite the chances of him maybe not feeling the same towards me.

We were just trying this sex thing and now, I actually regret not taking the time to tell him that I was falling for him despite the time we've had and how much of this was for business, thought even that didn't work out.

"Camille?" A deep husky voice called out, taking me away from my thoughts.

I looked up and I noticed that we were outside already and Tiana was situated along with baby Cariana in her car seat that Carter got the day after Tiana gave birth.

Carter was looking at me with concern in his eyes and I just gave my brother a small smile, trying to make it seem that I was okay but he knew me so well.

He sighed and walked towards me. His hands on my shoulders and he looked down at me with a serious look. "I know you're not okay."

"I'll be okay." I mustered a stern tone.

He scoffs. "How deep was your feelings towards him?"

I went silent and looked off towards the cars in the lot. My eyes burned as I tried to keep my tears forming but it was no use. They came anyway with a sore ache in my throat, while trying to hold back a cry that desperately wanted to escape my lips.

He sighed. "That deep, huh?"

I pulled away from him, his arms falling to his side. "Yes, they are." My voice broke slightly as I kept from sobbing all over again.

Carter stared at me then exhaled a long breath. "Come on." He gestured to the SUV. "We can't stay in one place to long."

I got settled into the car and Tiana gave me a smile on hopes to cheer but my smile was faint in return.

Carter got in the driver seat and drove off in an unfamiliar direction. I sat back and just ride.

FEW HOURS LATER
TIANA

I pushed the lever of the shower to the side, shutting off the water and grabbed the plushy towel that was resting above the curtain rode. I stepped out, wrapping the towel around me and dried off as much as I could before moisturizing my body with cocoa butter. I placed the towel on the sink and dressed myself in sweatpants and one of Carter's big shirts. I did the best I could with my wet hair and finger combed it into a low knot on the right side of my head.

I put my towel up and walked out the bathroom. I saw Carter sitting up on the bed, typing something on his phone, and watching Cariana as she slept. Her small body was propped up with they baby cushion as she sucked on the small pacifier. I smiled and when Carter noticed me standing there he smiles, more like forceful.

I frowned and walked closer to the bed, looking at him with pure concern. "What's the matter?"

"I'm going to the hide out. I know how I can rid of Cartron." He says the name with so much venom. I knew then he was going to do something bizarre.