/7./

Tiana and Carter above.

Tiana tapped her pen on her lips as she listened to the professor to teach the lesson. She tried to stay focus but a certain person kept finding their way into her mind.

It was something about him. Something that always had her questioning herself. It's been officially a few weeks since she started college and this man has been lurking around her often.

What was his deal?

Every corner she turned, he was there. There to touch her intimately. He would kiss her off guard but it didn't get further than that.

She was a Christian woman and she was not going to allow the devil's work to corrupt her.

Tiana portrayed herself as a smart lady and she was but she had a feeling that there was more to the tattooed man. But she was not going to allow him to touch her.

The class was released after giving assignments. Tiana stood to her feet and gathered her things. She pulled her black coach book bag up and she made her way up the stairs.

She walked out of the classroom and into the crowded hallways. As she continued to walk, she noticed a gathering outside. She hummed in question and made her way outside.

"Tiana!" A voice called out and it was Danielle.

"What's going on?" Tiana questioned about the gathering. She noticed people held cards and roses.

"You didn't hear. Two girls were found dead outside the campus."

Surprise took over Tiana as she tensed up. "What?"

Danielle nodded as they walked closer to the big gathering. "Yes, they used to go here."

Tiana couldn't help but feel nervous. Something went through. It was fear. They reached the front of the large group and it was two pictures of the girls.

Nova Parks and Jessica Daniels. May they Rest In Peace.

They looked so innocent. Who would do such a thing to these girls? It wasn't right. Tiana frowned as her thoughts continued.

"Did they die the same night?" Tiana questioned.

"No, the Nova girl was found dead a day before Jessica. Jessica was found on the side of the school." Danielle answered as she shook her head. She felt sorrow for the girl's parents.

"This is crazy. Who would do such a thing to these girls? They look so innocent and sweet. It makes no sense." Tiana argued to herself.

"Looks can be deceiving, Babe."

Tiana felt her nerves work as she turned to face him. He looked uninterested in being here but once he saw Tiana, he had to stay. Tiana took in what he was wearing and he was wearing all black sweats. He had his hood on and he tatted hands on his pocket.

"You say, did you know the girls?" Tiana asked aggressively with crossed arms.

He smirked. He loved her attitude and loved the reaction he gets from her when he finds it amusing.

"I did not, but that still doesn't change what I said." He replied as he took a step closer to Tiana.

Danielle could feel the tension so she excused herself to leave them be.

"I'm not saying your wrong but I think it's more behind this story. Two girls that went to this school and they are found dead just as the school year begins. Seems fishy to me."

He chuckled. "Plan to be the campus detective?"

Tiana rolled her eyes before she looked over at the two girls' pictures. "This was a murder and I think it's a killer on campus."

Not even less than a minute did she feel a strong arm over her shoulder. She was forced against Carter's front to back. She squirmed a bit.

"Don't get to focus on that, babe. You do not know what you're getting into if you do."

Tiana shrugged his arm off. "Well, I can't stand here and do nothing. All lives on this campus, including myself could be next."

He hummed. "Next victim...."

"Duh. That's what I just said. It's a serial killer on campus and I will make sure I am not the next victim. I'm a child of God and will be protected from sins."

Carter stared at her for a moment before she shocked him with a heartbreaking smile. Showing off his bright white teeth.

"We'll see about your sins, babe." He said before walking away.

Tiana frowned at what he said but paid no mind to it. She had her mind elsewhere.

And that was finding the killer...